National Literacy and Numeracy Test
Information for UNE students
Initial Teacher Education (ITE) students are required to pass both components of the National Test in order to graduate. Without passing this test, you will not be permitted to attempt the final professional experience (PrEx) placement.
However, we strongly encourage all Initial Teacher Education students to consider sitting the National Literacy and Numeracy Test as early as possible in your degree to allow time for academic support and re-sits in the event of them failing a module.
- The Test will apply to all ITE students, irrespective of year of admission;
- ITE students are required to pass both components of the test before they may be released to undertake their final PrEx placement;
- In line with government requirements, ITE students are not eligible to graduate until they have passed both components of the Test;
- UNE does not administer the National Test. Visit the ACER website for detailed information on the Test, testing windows and how to register and practice questions;
- The schedule for the Test window dates is available at https://teacheredtest.acer.edu.au/register/test-dates
Literacy and Numeracy Support at UNE
The School of Education has a Moodle support site for the Test. All students are encouraged to access this site, available online at: http://moodle.une.edu.au/course/view.php?id=12662. On your first visit to the site, click on the green “enrol me” button to begin.