UNE's research into Biological Science integrates interdisciplinary projects within the fields of biology, bio-ethics, zoology, micro organisms, plant and human fields of science.
- Australia's future food and water security: smart science, smart technology
- Climate change and environmental sustainability: protecting biodiversity, effective policies.
- Avian Behavioural Ecology Lab
- Behavioural and Physiological Ecology
- Evolutionary Ecology of Parasitism Lab
- Function, Evolution and Anatomy Research Lab
- Insect Ecology Lab
- Life, Earth and Environment
- Pharmaceutical and Nutraceuticals
- Plant Evolution and Pollination Group
- Research Group for Molecular Biology
- WRaIN — Water Research and Innovation Network.