We welcome students from all around the world to apply to UNE, Armidale.

If it's your first time studying in Australia, you might be wondering how to apply, when applications close, or if you are eligible to study here.

Application types

International programs and coursework

If you are an international student and want to study one of the following programs at UNE, you can apply online.

  • Undergraduate (Bachelor) programs
  • Postgraduate (Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Masters) coursework programs
  • International Exchange and Study Abroad
  • English Language Centre programs
  • Individual UNE units (Non-Award)

Apply online

Ensure that you attach certified copies of transcripts of all relevant previous studies including:

  • proof of completion
  • photo page from passport or another birth record
  • evidence of English language proficiency
  • any other documentation requested in the online form

If your documents are in a language other than English, please provide an officially certified English translation with certified copies of the original documents.

Find out more about the admissions process and what happens after you submit your application.

International research degree

Do not complete the online application form if you want to apply for admission to a PhD.

Instead, complete the International Students Candidature Application Form to apply for a Higher Degree by Research.


Apply via the domestic student application portal if you are a:

  • Citizen of Australia or New Zealand
  • Dual citizen of Australia and another country
  • Permanent Resident of Australia

Note: If you are applying, or intend to apply to live in Australia permanently, you are an international student until the Australian Government grants you Permanent Residency. If you receive Permanent Residency after you are admitted as an international student, your status will change to domestic from the date of residency.

Please contact UNE's Student Central through the AskUNE site if you would like more information about residency.

Before you apply

Before you submit your application to UNE International, ask yourself:

The academic year at UNE is divided into three trimesters. Many coursework programs are available for commencing students in either Trimester 1 or 2. Only a limited number of courses (such as the Master of Nursing Practice) start in Trimester 3.

  • Trimester 1 — February to June
  • Trimester 2 — June to October
  • Trimester 3 — October to February
As a guide, submit applications for:
  • Trimester 1 (February-June) by the end of November of the previous year
  • Trimester 2 (June-October) by the end of May

We will consider late applications where possible.

Applying through an agent

If you apply to UNE through an approved agent, we will send all correspondence relating to your application to that agent.

Getting documents certified

Please make sure that all documents submitted with an application are certified copies. A certified copy is a photocopy of an original document, which has been certified as a true copy of the original by an authorised person (see list below).

To get a document certified:

  • Make a photocopy of the original document
  • Take the original and the copy to an authorised person

The certifier will add a statement to the photocopy, something like 'I certify that this is a true copy of the original document'. They must also include, on each of the photocopied documents:

  • their full name
  • signature
  • date
  • registration number (if any)
  • qualification or occupation which makes them eligible to certify documents

Ensure that the certification statement and certifier's details do not obscure any of the text on the copy.

Persons authorised to sign certified documents
  • Justice of the peace or bail justice
  • Public Notary
  • Barrister and solicitor
  • Registrar or deputy registrar of a court of law
  • A member of the police force
  • A registered medical practitioner, dentist or veterinary practitioner
  • A pharmacist
  • A manager of a bank.

Advanced standing

To apply for advanced standing (credit for previous study), please follow the steps on the Advanced Standing page. Make sure to include certified copies of transcripts as well as full unit descriptions and syllabus for each unit.

Read UNE's policy on Advanced Standing on the Policies web page.