Centres, Institutes, CRCs
The University undertakes fundamental and applied research in many disciplines. UNE's scholars and scientists have established international reputations in areas that include developments in agricultural science, educational and human society, and environmental sciences while our extensive interdisciplinary engagement addresses our range of research thematic priorities.
As the first Australian university established outside a capital city, UNE's long track record in research excellence includes focus on Australia's regional identity while contributing to the professional and educational advancement of both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
UNE facilitates research collaborations with the following Centres, Institutes and Collaborative Research Centres:
Centres and Institutes
- Animal Genetics and Breeding Unit (AGBU)
- The Australian Centre for Agriculture and Law (AgLaw)
- Centre for Agribusiness
- Centre for Local Government
- Cotton Hub at UNE
- Institute for Rural Futures
- Palaeoscience Research Centre
- PoultryHub Australia
- The National Centre of Science, Information and Communication Technology, and Mathematics Education for Rural and Regional Australia (SiMERR).
Collaborative Research Centres
- Australian Sheep Industry CRC (based at UNE)
- Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC
- Centre for Innovation in Regional Health
- Cotton Research and Development Corporation
- CRC for Beef Genetic Technologies
- CRC for Remote Economic Participation
- CRC for Spatial Information
- Centre for Invasive Species Solutions
- Food Agility