Centres, Institutes, CRCs
The University undertakes fundamental and applied research in many disciplines. UNE's scholars and scientists have established international reputations in areas that include developments in agricultural science, educational and human society, and environmental sciences while our extensive interdisciplinary engagement addresses our range of research thematic priorities.
As the first Australian university established outside a capital city, UNE's long track record in research excellence includes focus on Australia's regional identity while contributing to the professional and educational advancement of both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
UNE facilitates research collaborations with the following Centres, Institutes and Collaborative Research Centres:
Centres and Institutes
- Animal Genetics and Breeding Unit (AGBU)
- The Australian Centre for Agriculture and Law (AgLaw)
- Centre for Agribusiness
- Centre for Local Government
- Centre for Rural Criminology
- Cotton Hub at UNE
- Institute for Rural Futures
- New England Institute of Healthcare Research (NEIHR)
- Palaeoscience Research Centre
- PoultryHub Australia
- The National Centre of Science, Information and Communication Technology, and Mathematics Education for Rural and Regional Australia (SiMERR).