Visa and fees
If you are coming to study on-campus at UNE, Armidale, you need a student visa. You also need health insurance. We let you know what to expect, so you can prepare for the cost of living and studying in Australia.
Most international students need an offer of entry from UNE to apply for a student visa. Eligibility varies depending on what country you are coming from, what you are studying, and whether you are bringing your family with you.
If you are coming to study on-campus in Armidale, it is a condition of your student visa that you (and any family coming with you) have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). This is the minimum level of private health insurance you need, and you must maintain it the entire time you are here.
Migration regulations in Australia require international students to show they can contribute to the cost of living and studying here. This helps you make the most of your study and have a safe and enjoyable experience in Australia.
Aside from your tuition fees, you need to consider the cost of:
- Stationery, computer and printing costs
- Medical costs
Unless you are on exchange, you will have to pay course fees to UNE.
View the 2020 International Course Fees.
- Fees quoted cover full-time tuition for two full-time trimesters only.
- All fees are in Australian (AUD) dollars.
- Not all courses listed are available on campus.
- Those courses with no CRICOS code are offered online.
- Students studying online are not eligible to study in Australia on a student visa.
- Find further information on each course in the Course and Unit Catalogue.
Scholarships are available to help you manage your costs. There are different types of scholarship for undergraduate, postgraduate and research students.