Research Themes and Clusters
UNE is dedicated to identifying and delivering innovations of value to society and industry, in Australia and internationally, with a particular emphasis on inter-disciplinary research. We seek solutions to complex problems in rural and regional Australia. Our research involves interdisciplinary and cross-institutional collaborations and is underpinned by five thematic research priorities:
- Australia's future food and water security: smart science, smart technology
- Climate change and environmental sustainability: protecting biodiversity, effective policies
- Health and wellbeing in rural communities: social exclusion, health inequity, mental health, social policy
- Our communities, our neighbours: regional and rural development, sustainability, prosperity and peace
- Our past, present and future: documentation, protection and promotion of cultural heritage, history, memory and identity in Australia and internationally.