What happens after my degree?

In order to qualify for admission to Australian legal practice, you will need to complete a Practical Legal Training (PLT) course. This is a legal practical experience course which includes placement into a law firm. A list of PLT providers is below:

Once you completed your PLT course, you can apply directly to the State/Territory you want to practice in. Each State and Territory has their own application process so you should visit each website for full details:

If you require a Completion Letter/Deans Certificate/Priestley Letter or Student Conduct Report from us as part of your application, please apply through AskUNE on the right-hand side of this page.

You may also need to include a copy of your official transcript. The School of Law cannot provide this. You will need to order a copy through the Exams Unit in Student Central.