SMART Farms - Plant, Soil, Climate Sensing
Theme 1: SMART Farms - Plant, Soil, and Climate Sensing using embedded sensors and sensor networks
Theme 1 of PARG's research entails plant, soil and climate sensing research undertaken on SMART Farms and is led by Professor David Lamb, who is also the group leader of Precision Agriculture Research Group (PARG).
Prof. Lamb's research interests include applied optics and precision agriculture and the development and application of remote and proximal optical and electromagnetic sensors, including optical fibre sensors for environment, chemical, physical and biophysical sensing.
Theme 1 Projects
- SMART Farm Landscape Laboratory
- UAV platform for testing new sensor technologies in PA
- 3-D drone imaging of crops and pastures
- Electromagnetics for soil moisture estimation
- Low-level active optical sensing of biomass
- Monolayer detection on water reservoirs
- Soil carbon inventories of 'farmscapes'
- Trees and grazing production: Linking scattered trees with production outcomes
- Vineyard frost protection