Information for agents
UNE International provides information for agents so that they can support our overseas students. When you are a UNE-approved agent, we offer you:
- High-profile student exhibitions and interview programs in an advertised venue
- Student interviews in your office
- Briefings from faculty and course experts
- Advertising (in conjunction with your efforts)
- Regular communications and updates
How to become an agent
We may approach you directly and invite you to become an agent. Otherwise, you can complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) form below. All EOI's are assessed 4 times a year, every 3 months. If UNE International wishes to continue the discussion, a member of the recruitment team will contact you and send the application form.
If you are selected, we will appoint you as our representative for an initial term of two years. We will prepare an Agent Agreement in duplicate for execution and exchange.
Upon execution of the agreement
Your details will appear on UNE International's web page so that students can search authorised agents by country. We will also add your details and a copy of the signed agreement to our Easy Agent Database.
Certificate of Appointment
- Your business name and country
- The period of appointment
- Your CRICOS Provider Code for the university
Communications and support
As an approved agent, we will send you a monthly newsletter that keeps you up-to-date with UNE news. The newsletter also lets you know about changes to courses, enrolment dates and visa and application processing requirements. Read the monthly news to find out when UNE International staff and academics plan to visit your county.
We will also be in contact throughout the month to make sure you have all the information you need to look after our students.
You are welcome to contact our administration officer at any time, to check the status of your students' applications. And, of course, we encourage you to visit UNE International as often as possible to familiarise yourself with our offering.
Come to UNE, and we will show you:
- Armidale and surrounds
- Accommodation options
- Campus and facilities
Our faculty experts run regular briefings, as do UNE International staff. Attend presentations on:
- The UNE admissions process
- Legislative and visa changes
- International student services
We can also arrange meetings with our students so that you get a first-hand account of what it's like to study at UNE.
The Director, UNE International, conducts an annual review of all agents which includes:
- Quality of applications and conversion rates
- Conformity with contractual requirements
- Quality of counselling and other information provided to students
- Evaluation of activity undertaken by UNE with the agent
The Director, UNE International, will forward you a report with comments and actions. To help you offer effective services, we will endeavour to visit you throughout the year to:
- Provide briefings
- Inspect the premises to ensure that you present an appropriate image
- Meet with counsellors to assess their performance in advising students
- Review the display of UNE promotional materials
- Assess your knowledge of and conformance with the "National Code" and other legislative requirements relating to the provision of their services