Welcome to Oorala Student Experience.
To to support your journey we have created a checkilist for you to make sure you get set and are ready for your study journey.
Getting Started Checklist
Make sure that you have:
- Enrolled in your units for the upcoming Trimester.
- Applied for a student ID card. If you’re a new student, email us via AskUNE to request 24 hour access to the Oorala study lab.
- Applied for a tutor via Oorala’s free tutoring program. All students are eligible. Work alongside an experienced tutor, build a new friendship and receive advice, support and assistance with those assessments.
- Applied for ABSTUDY. Even if you aren't eligible for fortnightly payments, you could still receive an incidental allowance to help with study costs and assistance with compulsory study-related travel.
- Filled in your Commonwealth Assistance Form for deferral of your HECS debt (available in the myEnrol tab of myUNE).
- Applied to defer payment of your student services and amenities fee (if applicable).
- Reviewed the Oorala website
- Reviewed the scholarships available to Indigenous students at UNE .
- Logged into Moodle and looked at each of your units.
- Logged into your student email and set up forwarding it to your private email.
- Created a study calendar to help get yourself organised.
- Found out about Census Date & included it in your study planner.
- Had a look at the forums on the Indigenous Students Hub Moodle site and liked our Facebook page.
- Compiled a list of important contacts including lecturers email/phone and identified your school’s first year advisor.
We're here to help, if you're stuck on anything or just want to say hi, contact us straight away.