Current and future students
The Oorala Aboriginal Centre exists to service, support and guide all Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students enrolled at the University Of New England (UNE). The centre coordinates a variety of programs and services that improve your experience and success at university, and becomes your community away from home. Our dedicated and deadly team are on hand from the time you apply to the time you graduate, any everything in between.
Get in touch if you have questions about:
- ABSTUDY allowances that help cover the cost of studying, including travel, meals and accommodation to attend intensive schools, and field trips
- Living in a UNE College or moving to Armidale
- Tutoring and other academic support
- General course enquires and liaising with your UNE Faculty
- Cultural support whilst away from family and friends
- The Hub - Online Indigenous Student Community (Moodle)
- Graduation Ceremonies
At Oorala, we put the well-being and success of our students and their communities first. Whether you are an on-campus student or just visiting the area, please call in and have a yarn.
Oorala Student Services team is available from 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. Let our staff assist you in person, on the phone, by email or by Skype.
To find out more:
Eli Wright - Pursuing a career
Eli Wright, a proud Ngarabal and Dharug man, chooses to pursue a career in Mathematics and Computer Sciences. He talks about making this decision years after joining the workforce, and the support he has found through the Oorala Aboriginal Centre.