When commencing your research degree, it is important to familiarise yourself with the University's policies, procedures, and processes at both a University and Local level. The HDR Induction should be completed early in your candidature period (before Confirmation of Candidature) to ensure you have the knowledge and support to commence and progress through your studies in a timely manner and with a successful outcome.
Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Be familiar with the policies and procedures which govern HDR candidature
- Understand the expectations of HDR candidates
- Understand the expectations of HDR Supervisors
- Explain the milestones requirements for HDR candidates
- Be familiar with the process to apply for a variation to candidature
- Know where to go for support if required
Complete the Module 2 Self-evaluation activity before proceeding.
2.1 The UNE HDR Induction
The HDR Induction aims to assist you from the commencement of your studies and provide you with information on what to expect over the period of your candidature. Topics covered include:
- UNE HDR Environment
- Getting Started
- Rules and Regulations
- Milestones and Progression
- Variations to Candidature
- Support Services
The Central HDR Induction can be accessed through the HDR Resources and Advice Portal in Moodle using your UNE student login details.
You are now ready to complete the Module 2 activities in your workbook
Progress to Module 3- Research Integrity and Ethics.