Please note that this software is only available for use on University computers, it is not available for home computers.
Databases and software available in the UNE Business School
- DataStream, analyse and map historical trends and relationships, 2 concurrent user licence.
- Shazam 11, for econometrics, statistics and analytics. Available in labs and for staff use.
- Qualtrics, analyse surveys.
- Eviews 7, statistical, forecasting, and modelling tool. Available in labs and for staff use, 30 concurrent users.
- MaxQDA 10, qualitative data analysis. Labs only 60 user lab licence or individual licences need to be purchased for staff use.
- NVivo 9, qualitative and mixed methods research. Individual need to be purchased for staff use.
- Stata, data Analysis and Statistical Software. Individual licences need to be purchased for staff use.
Software available in Computer labs
- Microsoft office pro
- EViews 7
- Threshold Competitor
- Normal Distribution Calculator (POMwin32)
- SPSS 20
- MaxQDA 10 R
- QM for Windows
- Frontier 4.1
- Stata SE 12.1 (Data analysis & statistical software)
Software purchased by the school for specific research purposes but not available unless a licence is purchased
- QM for Windows 3
- Reforestation Modelling Tool
- Multi-Criteria Analysis v2.1
- APSIM r7
- National Carbon Accounting Toolbox
- MATLAB R2010a and R2012a
- VM Fusion
- NLOGIT 4.0
- FRONTIER 4.1
- Real player
- DREAM, market simulation software
- TSP (Time Series Processor), econometric estimation and simulation software
- WinEdt 7 text editor for Windows
- EzTest (McGraw-Hill)
- TestGen (Pearson)
- SYSTAT 13
- NCSS 2004
- Inspiration 9
- Decision Explorer 3.3
- MPlus Data Analysis Examples Latent Class Analysis
- Prezi cloud based presentation software
- NVivo 9
- Leximancer 3
- Stella 9.1
- Axon Idea Processor
- Statplus statistics tools and graphical analysis
Useful software used on school computers that is available via free download
Always check the licence agreement to ensure compliance. Some of them are available from
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Microsoft PowerShell
- Cute pdf
- Firefox (current version)
- Spybot Search & DestroyCamtasia relay
- Dictionary various online ones available.
- Power DVD Available for Dell computers from computer support.
- QuickTime Player
- Lyx An open source document processor running on many Unix platforms
- JabRef Java GUI frontend for managing BibTeX and other bibliographies.
- Inkscape Open source SVG graphics editor
- Texworks a simple TeX front-end program
- Open Office
- Jing (free software utilised by TLC to capture screen movements)
Software used in the school that is available from ITD for UNE owned computers
Available with staff login from :
Some of the software requires payment with appropriate cost code approved by relevant person.
- Atomic learning
- Endnote X5 (15) for Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista 32/64 bit,Windows 7 SP 32/64 bit (Word 2003, 2007, 2010)Endnote X5 (15) for Mac 10.5.x, Mac 10.6.x, Mac 10.7.x (Word 2008SP1, 2011)
- IBM SPSS Statistics 20 Mac 10.6, 10.7Office 2007 and 2010 Enterprise (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word)
- Office 2008 and 2011 (Entourage, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Visual Studio 2008 Professional
- Windows 7
- Windows XP Professional SP2
- Microsoft Project Professional 2010
- Microsoft Visio Professional 2010
- Camtasia studio limited licences
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Acrobat Professional XI (11) $103
- Captivate 5.5 $192
- Flash Professional CS6 $210
- InDesign CS6 $172
- Creative Suite Design & Web Premium CS6 (Dreamweaver CS6, Flash Professional CS6, InDesign CS6, Illustrator CS6, Photoshop CS6 Extended, Acrobat X Pro) $488
- Creative Suite Design Standard CS6 (Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6, Acrobat X Pro) $374
- Creative Suite Master Collection CS6(Photoshop CS6 Extended, Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6, Acrobat X Pro, Flash Professional CS6, Dreamweaver CS6, Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Audition CS6) $812
- Dreamweaver CS6 $172
- Photoshop Extended CS6 $242
- Premiere Pro CS6 $287
- Citrix (Goto Meeting)
UNE software available for specific purposes some are web based
- Squiz Matrix CMS (access granted to trained web content editors only)
- Finance one
Staff members can purchase a home use license of the CAUDIT software for their home computer if it is used mainly for "work related purposes" from the IT Service Desk. Though the cost of the license is covered by CAUDIT, there is a small charge for the CD, see below for costs.
- Office 2010 Professional $35
- Windows Vista Business Upgrade $35
- Office 2011 MacOS 10.4.9+ $35
- Windows 7 Professional Upgrade 32-bit $35
- Windows 7 Professional Upgrade 64-bit $35
Students enrolled at UNE can purchase discounted versions of Windows and Office from Microsoft's "It's Not Cheating" website.