Overseas & Exchange

Apply Online

Contact Us    



As a UNE student you have the opportunity to study overseas with one of UNE’s partner institutions, but in particular, we urge you to consider studying with our Partner institutions i.e., those with whom the School of Law has a particular relationship.

These opportunities allow you to gain an international experience and a chance to view global issues through a different jurisdictional perspective.  At a personal level these experiences can potentially develop you as an individual in terms of building your confidence and developing life skills.

To participate:

  • You need to initially discuss what you are planning with the School of Law’s Academic Manager who will advise you on the your choice of units;
  • Once you gain approval you apply through UNE’s International Office;
  • You will then enrol at the partner institution;
  • You continue to pay your fees at UNE; and
  • Once you successfully complete your studies you will gain credit for your degree at UNE.

Access International for further information.

Overseas Study Experiences

The School of Law is currently gathering information to gauge student interest in participating in a 2 – 3 week long study programme in an overseas location. These study programmes will be designed to provide you with an experience of other cultures and gain credit towards your degree.  They will be conducted as units and include lectures, assessment, excursions and some cultural and career experiences.

In terms of cost, you will pay tuition fees as usual to UNE as this would be a UNE unit.  However, you would also be responsible for your travel, accommodation, meals and other costs related to the unit (OS-Help Assistance may be available).

Information on the outcome of this survey and potential study tours will then be published here and via the Community Information emails.

International INBOUND

We encourage international students to study at UNE, at Armidale – a truly collegiate town in rural Australia. You can come as an Exchange student of one of UNE’s International Partners, and particularly if you are one of the School of Law’s specific partners.

Alternatively, you can come as a non-award student.


If you are a student of an official partner of UNE you need to:

  • Gain the approval of your home institution;
  • Apply through your institution and enrol at UNE;
  • Pay your tuition fees to your home university; and
  • Once you have successfully completed your studies, UNE will notify your home institution so that you will gain credit towards your degree.


International students from our Partner Universities (Link International) and even those whose university does not have a partnership with UNE can enrol as an on-campus student or enrol online to study the units of your choice.

This possibility allows students to take units that are not offered by their home institution, and in the case of the UNE School of Law, it should be noted that we host the Australian Centre for Agriculture Law and so offer a number of units that focus on natural resource governance – units that are not offered elsewhere in Australia.

Upon enrolment you would be treated as enrolling as international non award students as they are enrolling in specific units, and not into a course/degree programme.   On the successful completion of these units the students will have their results accredited to them and recorded on a UNE academic transcript but if your home institution approves these units, you would gain credit for your degree with your home institution as well.

  • Enrol in the units of your choice at UNE;
  • Pay the tuition fees;
  • Upon successful completion of your studies you will be given an academic transcript; and
  • If you have gained the approval of your home institution you will gain credit against your degree.

All international students should visit the International web pages for further information.