Apply Online

Contact Us    

UNE School of Law offers a number of Undergraduate and Masters by Coursework degrees that would benefit international students. These courses encourage students to take a critical and progressive approach to the existing law and the legal system, ensuring that they understand both the law and its context. In addition, where appropriate, comparative jurisdictional examples are considered.

Students may study up to four units per Trimester either on-campus or online.

All of our courses are CRICOS accredited:

  • UNE CRICOS Provider Number: 00003G
  • Bachelor of Laws (3 years)   CRICOS Provider Number:   016049G
  • Master of Laws CRICOS Provider Number: 079197G
  • Master of Natural Resource Governance CRICOS Provider Number: 064591J

English Language Requirements

At least one of the following criteria must be met:

  • English is the applicant's first language; or
  • Satisfactory completion, no more than five years prior to the date of application for admission to UNE, of at least one year of full-time or equivalent full-time study at senior secondary, post-secondary or tertiary level in a country in which English is the primary official language or co-official language and in which English was the sole medium of instruction and assessment for the particular period of study claimed, resulting in an AQF award or an award recognised by NOOSR; or
  • An IELTS (Academic) overall score of at least 7.0, with a minimum sub-band of 7.0 for writing and no other sub-band less than 6.5, or TOEFL IBT score of 91 with no less than 26 in writing and no less than 23 in listening, speaking and reading.
  • Satisfactory completion of the Advanced English for Academic Purposes program (EAP Leve 5) at the University of New England English Language Centre.

Want to study as an Exchange Student?

Want to study at UNE under an Advanced Standing Agreement?

  • We have entered into a number of both LLB and LLM Advanced Standing Agreements with our Partner universities.  Students from those universities can study with us online or on-campus - depending on the ­­­­terms of the Agreements.

Want to study LLB or LLM units to supplement your degree (non-award study)?

  • International Law students studying in other countries may enrol in individual units as non-award students i.e., not enrolled in a UNE Law course (program/degree). For instance, UNE law offers a number of distinctive units/subjects that focus on natural resource governance.
  • On the successful completion of these units you will have your results accredited to you by UNE on a UNE academic transcript but more importantly you may gain credit towards your Masters/Undergraduate degree at your home institution.

Want to become a truly International Lawyer?

  • International students who have completed a Civil law degree can study a common law degree at UNE. Potentially only 2 years of study will need to be undertaken if advanced standing can be applied for your overseas law degree. Read more about our 3 year Bachelor of Laws

Are you a legal practitioner who wishes to practice law in Australia?

  • Overseas legal practitioners who wish to practice law in Australia must have their overseas study assessed, and generally are required to complete Australian jurisdictional subjects in order to be admitted.
  • Once assessed you can enroll in those units with us at UNE as a non-award student (see above). However, we suggest that you might want to complete the full law degree. In doing so your previous degree will be assessed to determine whether you are eligible for advanced standing considerably reducing the units that need to be completed for the award of the LLB.
  • What are the costs?

Coursework Degree Options


Undergraduate Degrees

Postgraduate Degrees