The Test Library is essentially for reference. However, material may be borrowed subject to the following:
- Priority of use of materials is given to use in the UNE Psychology Clinic and Teaching in the Clinical Psychology Postgraduate Program.
- Materials may be borrowed for a maximum of one month. If another does not require the material, extension may be granted.
- Material is subject to recall if required by another.
- Books are for reference only and may not be borrowed.
About the Test Library
- There are 1000's of tests. The library can hold only a fraction.
- Questions about the existence of measures, their suitability and the like should be addressed to supervisors in the first instance.
Location and Access
Access to the Library and borrowing of materials is available generally Monday to Friday between 9.30 and 4.30pm by contacting the Test Library Officer(s). This is for both staff and students.
The compendia may be useful in locating instruments for research use:
Bech, P. (1993). Rating scales for psychopathology, health status and quality of life. New York: Springer-Verlag. Available Dixson Library. 616.89075/B391R. Loan copy.
Goldman, B. A. et al. (1995, 1996, 1997). Directory of unpublished experimental mental measures. Volumes 1-7. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. R153.93016/G619d. Reference copy.
Keith, L. I., & Bracken, B. A. (1996). Self-concept instrumentation. In B. A. Bracken (Ed.), Handbook of self-concept (pp. 91-170). New York: Wiley. Available Dixson Library. 155.2/H2361. Loan copy.
Lezak, M. D. (1995). Neuropsychological assessment (3rd. ed). New York: Oxford University Press. Available Dixson Library. This is the place to start if trying to track down instruments for cognitive assessment. 616.8/L686n. Loan copy.
Ogles, B. M., Lambert, M. J., & Masters, K. S. (1996). Assessing outcome in clinical practice. Boston: Allyn and Bacon. Available Dixson Library. 616.8914/O35a. Loan copy.
Peck, D.F., & Shapiro, C.M. (1992). Measuring human problems: A practical guide. New York: Wiley. Not held in Dixson Library.
Robinson, J. P., Shaver, P. R., & Wrightsman, L. S. (1991). Measures of personality and social psychological attitudes. New York: Academic Press. Available Dixson Library. R155.28/M484. Reference copy. 155.28/M484. Loan copy.
Schutte, N. S., & Malouff, J. M. (1995). Sourcebook of adult assessment strategies. New York: Plenum Press. Available Dixson Library. 616.89075/S396s. Loan copy.
Strupp, H., Horowitz, L. & Lambert, M. (1997). Measuring patient changes in mood, anxiety and personality disorders. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. Available Dixson Library. 616.85/M484. Loan copy.
Sweetland, R. C., & Keyser, D. J. (1991). Tests (3rd. Ed.). Austin, TX: Pro-Ed. Available Dixson Library. Reference Only. R153.9/S974t/1991. Reference copy. 153.9/S974t/1986. 2nd ed. Loan copy.
Zalaquett, C. P., & Wood, R. J. (1997). Evaluating stress: A book of resources. London: Scarecrow Press. Available Dixson Library. 155.9042/E92. Loan copy.
Useful assessment links
- ACER, the major supplier of psychological tests in Australia
- This is a searchable electronic database held by the Educational Testing Service which contains records on over 10,000 tests and research instruments
- This is a site of the American Psychological Association which has links to various assessment resources
- This Mental Health Net site points in a variety of useful directions