What types of documents do I need to submit for my scholarship application?

When you are applying for a scholarship, you will need to read through your application form and the scholarship guidelines to find out which documents you will need to submit, to show that you meet the eligibility criteria.

The types of documents you need to submit can include:

  • Identification documents (e.g. birth certificate and driver’s licence)
  • Proof of Aboriginality (e.g. either Aboriginality document, or declaration on the application form, authorised by local community organisation with the organisations common seal attached)
  • Evidence of financial circumstances (e.g. Centrelink statement or other supporting statement if you need to demonstrate financial hardship)
  • Your HSC result or tertiary results when available (e.g. UAI advice and admission advice from UAC, or your results from previous study at university, TAFE, etc)
  • Enrolment summary or statement from your university showing full-time or part-time enrolment (this may be when your are submitting your application if you are already enrolled and also before you receive the scholarship funds to show your current enrolment details)
  • One or more Referee Reports by people who can provide supporting comments on how you meet the scholarship criteria (e.g. by a teacher or tutor about your studies or by an employer or community representative about your career interests or community involvement – these are either separate written statements or reports completed on the application form)

If you are required to provide copies of original documents, the copies need to be certified by an authorised person (e.g. Justice of the Peace or similar)