We house about 200 residents in single study-bedrooms, with shared bathroom, common living and kitchenette facilities. There are also study rooms, outdoor courtyards and a large dining hall for you to use and enjoy.
We have facilities for relaxing, studying, living and more!
- The courtyard: One of the best things about our college. It's huge, it's green and it is the place to be. Throughout the year many functions, activities and games are held in the courtyard.
- Students study in the courtyard, play volleyball, badminton, soccer, backyard cricket. It is the biggest college courtyard at UNE — and we enjoy every centimetre of it.
- Common rooms: Every floor has its own Common Room, fitted with a flat screen TV, lounges and tables. This is a great place to relax with friends, watch your favourite movie or TV show, or study with a few mates.
- Guy Ballard Room: Our main entertainment room can host a variety of functions with its wide screen TV, lounges, dart board, and table tennis.
- Gym: We have a gym, ready for a quick workout between classes. This really helps with getting that perfect life balance!
- Alcohol Free Space: a space for all students to enjoy comprising the Gym, Study room and chill out zone with TV and pool table.
- Seminar room: attached to the main office block which includes a courtyard, PlayStation, study desks, tea and coffee facilities. This is a great Health and Wellbeing space for our students.
- Bike shed: The College has a secure bike shed available to residents.
- BBQ areas: These undercover areas are perfect for a birthday or a floor party.
- Music Room: Just because you move to college doesn't mean that you have to give up your favourite instrument. You'll also need to practice for all of the inter-college events like small music ensemble and performance.
- Bathrooms: Every floor has shared bathrooms and the showers have plenty of hot water.
- Shared kitchenettes: With a fridge, a sink, a microwave and a kettle — perfect for when you need some late night noodles to get you through that assignment!
- Laundry: Washing machines are FREE! There are also drying rooms, dryers, ironing boards and irons.
- Parking: There are car parks all around the colleges. You will need to purchase a parking sticker to park in the College bays. This same sticker allows you to park in bays across the university.
Rooms are initially allocated by the Head of College but preferences and room change requests will be accommodated as much as possible and in consultation with the college Office Manager.
Your room is centrally heated and includes a bed, broadband internet access, desk, cupboard, mirror and shelving. Furnishings in rooms, as well as common rooms or work rooms, must not be moved. The resident will be charged for any damage to the room, furniture or fittings.
You are welcome to make your room feel as much like home as possible so feel free to bring posters, photos, fairy lights or your pet fish!
A number of Resident Tutors in each accommodation block oversee the day-to-day functioning of your accommodation and are the first line of response in managing any issues you may have.
Old Robb College
The Robb College meal package offers 10 meals per week — 5 lunches and 5 dinners — from Sunday to Friday. The meal package is compulsory and costs $83.00 per week.
Formal, semi-formal or buffet diners are held regularly and are important functions on the College calendar.