Social Science Education
Learn how to teach the Social Sciences!
The Social Sciences have one particular feature in common: they all deal with people's interactions with each other and with the material and spiritual world in which we live.
Our enthusiastic academics are dedicated teachers and researchers whose research directly informs our education programs. We work to develop friendly, supportive and professional relationships in the classroom or as active members of online learning groups.
If you are interested in teaching the Social Sciences, we can offer you courses within your professional degree or higher degree program in the areas of:
- Primary HSIE/SOSE
- Junior Secondary History
- Modern History
- Ancient History
- Business Studies
- Legal Studies
- Aboriginal Studies
- Society and Culture
- Studies of Religion.
Units of study
We take considerable pride in designing units that will prepare you as a teacher to challenge your students' thinking and nurture a deep knowledge and understanding of society. You will be equipped to guide your students in developing skills, values and positive attitudes. The academics in the Social Science Education team have formerly served as teachers and leaders in school education.
Courses of study
Social Science Education units of study are integrated into the following courses:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (In-service Conversion)
- Bachelor of Education (K-12 Teaching)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Special Education (Primary) / Bachelor of Disability Studies
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Business)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Music)
Postgraduate - research