Delegating in Web Kiosk
If you are a Supervisor or Approver you will receive Approval Requests through Web Kiosk. You will receive an Approval Request email to your UNE staff email address. Login to Web Kiosk using your UNE username and password, and use the My Team (top left) menu to navigate to Approvals. Here, you can choose to approve any requests that have been submitted to you, or you can select Approval Delegation.
How to Delegate Approvals
If you will be away and will need somebody else to complete your approvals, you will need to put a delegation in place in Web Kiosk. Ensure you delegate to an appropriate person. Approvers are responsible for ensuring they thoroughly check the details of the documents they are authorising. Please let them know they can click on the “Record ID” to review full details of the transaction. For timesheets they need to ensure the correct work dates, hours worked, rate of pay, cost code requirements and start and finish times are recorded.
If you are unsure of whom to delegate to, please contact either your supervisor or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Login to Web Kiosk
- Go to My Team > Approvals > Approval Delegation
- Select Add new Approval Delegation Record
- Select ALL
- To delegate the approvals of Leave and Training Requests, you will need to delegate to the Position Number of the person who will complete your approvals. If you do not know their Position Number, you can search for them in the Search Box that opens. In the Occupant column, type in their surname and press Find.
- To delegate the approvals of Timesheets , you will need to delegate to the Staff Number (Delegation Type: Person ID) of the person who will complete your approvals. If you do not know their Staff Number, you can search for them in the Search Box that opens. In the Name column, type in their surname and press Find.
- You may need to complete both Steps 5 and 6.
- Only apply Delegation for - leave blank. Insert.
- Success! If you now go back to Approvals > Approval Delegation you will see the delegation in place.
- Made a Mistake? Click Edit on the delegation and you can make changes or delete.
Notification Emails will still go to you
Once the delegation is in place, Approval Request emails will be emailed to both you and the person to whom you have delegated. Either can then approve the request.
HDA - Higher Duties Allowance
A Higher Duties Allowance arrangement DOES NOT require delegations to be put in place in Web Kiosk. Approvals will automatically go to the correct person for approval.