What is Web Kiosk?
Available 24/7, Web Kiosk is the self-service portal to the Human Resources system which enables staff and their managers to view, approve and update their information. Staff can view payslips, book leave and training, and update personal information. Managers can approve requests for leave and training, approve casual timesheets and arrange PPDR (Personal Development).
New Login Page
Web Kiosk has moved to Single Sign-on to login. You will be directed to a login page that looks a little different then you are used to, but you still use your UNE username and password to login.
The data displayed is current production data from the HR Ascender Pay system. If you believe there is an error with any data please advise firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Gaining access to Web Kiosk
To gain access to Web Kiosk you will need to do the following steps:
- You must have a current active contract in the HR system, please contact hr-services for assistance. For new staff, once HRS has received the required paperwork you will be sent an email detailing your staff number and a link to register for your UNE Account.
- You will need to setup your UNE Account and password with UNE's Information Technology Services (IT). To register please fill out the IT Account Form. Once you have received your login details you will be able to login to Web Kiosk.
Software required to use Web Kiosk
Web Browsers that have been tested by the vendor and will be supported for use with UNE's Web Kiosk:
IE11.1069.17134.0, Firefox (69.0.1), Google Chrome (77.0.3865.120)
ITD will endeavour to assist users on more recent non supported platforms but cannot guarantee achieving a workable solution. Other web browsers may be suitable but are not necessarily supported at UNE. If you need help with the software on your computer please contact the ITD Helpdesk, ext. 5000, or email email@example.com.
System Status: Upgraded to version 18 on 29/05/2020
When using IE 11 you will need to choose Compatibility view for the login page to allow you to navigate through the Web Kiosk pages.
Sometimes websites don't look like you expect them to, images might not appear, menus might be out of place, and text could be jumbled together. This might be caused by a compatibility problem between Internet Explorer and the site you're on. Sometimes this can be fixed by adding the site to your Compatibility View list.
To add a site to the Compatibility View list
1. Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
2. Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Compatibility View settings.
3. Under Add this website, enter the URL of the site you want to add to the list, and then tap or click Add.
* If you add a site to the Compatibility View list and the page looks worse, the problem might not be compatibility and you should remove the site from the list.
Once you turn on Compatibility View, Internet Explorer will automatically show that site in Compatibility View each time you visit. You can turn it off by removing it from your compatibility list.
**Adding une.edu.au to your compatibility view has been known to cause display problems with the menus in the main UNE site. To avoid this, you can use an alternative browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.