Orientation for International Students
Orientation for International Students takes place in the week before classes start and has three purposes:
- Introducing international students to the teaching and learning environment so that they become familiar with the campus, services available to students, and the key people who can assist them in their studies.
- Enrolment. Students are required to complete an online enrolment where they nominate the units they will undertake that year.
- Having fun! Activities across the University and Colleges offer opportunities for students to get together, overcome the nervousness that most people feel at being in a new environment, and make some new friends. There are often free giveaways and great deals from local businesses also during this time.
Orientation is compulsory and students who are unable to attend Orientation may experience delays in commencing study and being issued with a Student ID Card. If you are a research student please report to International Services upon your arrival for an orientation briefing.
There are two steps to gaining admission to UNE:
- Application and receipt of an offer of a place (see Admissions).
- Enrolment. Enrolling into a course means that the student has a confirmed place at UNE.
Before Arriving at UNE
At enrolment, students must know what subjects they wish to study in the first year of their course. Information about courses and individual subjects is available in the Course and Unit Catalogue.
When to Arrive
International students must ensure that they arrive at the university in time to attend International Orientation.
- Trimester 1 Orientation Sunday 23 February 2020
- Trimester 2 Orientation Monday 22 June 2020
- Trimester 3 Orientation Friday 23 October 2020
- Trimester 1 Orientation Wednesday 26, Thursday 27 February 2020
- Trimester 2 Orientation Wednesday 24, Thursday 25, Friday 26 June 2020 (Faculty of Medicine and Health), Wednesday 24, Thursday 25 June 2020 (Faculty of Science, Agriculture, Business and Law)
- Trimester 3 Orientation Wednesday 21, Thursday 22, Friday 23 October 2020
Refer to UNE Principal Dates for full details.
UNE Armidale Campus Trimester 1 Orientation Program - 23 February
The official program for commencing International Students in Armidale commence on Sunday 23 February 2020. Further details of this program will be available here shortly.
This program will include essential information for International students including; visa conditions, your rights as an international student, support services available on campus, overseas student health cover (OSHC), details about international student events, and much more.
If you are an International Student, it is super important that you attend this day. You can find further details about your program through your International Student Hub unit in Moodle.
UNE Sydney Campus Trimester 1 Orientation Program - 26 & 27 February
UNE Sydney International Student Orientation is a 2 day orientation program and starts on Wednesday 26th February and finishes on Thursday 27th February. Students need to make travel arrangements to arrive before 26th February to ensure they arrive on time for the start on Wednesday morning 8:30 am. This program is specifically for those students enrolled at UNE Sydney. The orientation will cover important information including campus facilities, study conditions, key course information, academic integrity unit, placements, visa conditions, Your rights as an international student, support services available on campus, and overseas student health cover (OSHC).
Students need to attend both days of Orientation from 8:30 am until 4:00 pm, lunch will be provided.
Please ensure you bring your Wi-Fi enabled laptop or tablet and student login details so you can take part in activities and practice navigating the learning platform during the session.
This information will be updated as details are confirmed so check your emails and this page prior to departing your home country
You can find further details about your program through your International Student Hub unit in the Learning Platform called Moodle.