Orientation for International Students
Orientation for International Students takes place in the week before classes start and has three purposes:
- Introducing international students to the teaching and learning environment so that they become familiar with the campus, services available to students, and the key people who can assist them in their studies.
- Enrolment. Students are required to complete an online enrolment where they nominate the units they will undertake that year.
- Having fun! Activities across the University and Colleges offer opportunities for students to get together, overcome the nervousness that most people feel at being in a new environment, and make some new friends. There are often free giveaways and great deals from local businesses also during this time.
Orientation is compulsory and students who are unable to attend Orientation may experience delays in commencing study and being issued with a Student ID Card. If you are a research student please report to International Services upon your arrival for an orientation briefing.
There are two steps to gaining admission to UNE:
- Application and receipt of an offer of a place (see Admissions).
- Enrolment. Enrolling into a course means that the student has a confirmed place at UNE.
Before Arriving at UNE
At enrolment, students must know what subjects they wish to study in the first year of their course. Information about courses and individual subjects is available in the Course and Unit Catalogue.
When to Arrive
International students must ensure that they arrive at the university in time to attend International Orientation.
- Trimester 2 Orientation Monday 15 June 2020
- Please ensure you have registered your myUNE account here: https://idp.une.edu.au/idp/profile/cas/login?execution=e1s1
- You can access the orientation information and activities in UNE101 in Moodle.
- Trimester 2, 2020 Orientation will be held online and can be accessed by all commencing students.
- Please note that Trimester 2 Orientation, 2020 will be held online for all students.
- Trimester 3 Orientation Friday 23 October 2020
- Trimester 2 Orientation Wednesday 24, Thursday 25, Friday 26 June 2020 (Faculty of Medicine and Health), Wednesday 24, Thursday 25 June 2020 (Faculty of Science, Agriculture, Business and Law)
- Trimester 3 Orientation Wednesday 21, Thursday 22, Friday 23 October 2020
Refer to UNE Principal Dates for full details.
Please ensure you bring your Wi-Fi enabled laptop or tablet and student login details so you can take part in activities and practice navigating the learning platform during the session.
This information will be updated as details are confirmed so check your emails and this page prior to departing your home country
You can find further details about your program through your International Student Hub unit in the Learning Platform called Moodle.