Orientation for International Students
Orientation for International Students takes place in the week before classes start and has three purposes:
- Introducing international students to the teaching and learning environment so that they become familiar with the campus, services available to students, and the key people who can assist them in their studies.
- Enrolment. Students are required to complete an online enrolment where they nominate the units they will undertake that year.
- Having fun! Activities across the University and Colleges offer opportunities for students to get together, overcome the nervousness that most people feel at being in a new environment, and make some new friends. There are often free giveaways and great deals from local businesses also during this time.
Orientation is compulsory and students who are unable to attend Orientation may experience delays in commencing study and being issued with a Student ID Card. If you are a research student please report to International Services upon your arrival for an orientation briefing.
There are two steps to gaining admission to UNE:
- Application and receipt of an offer of a place (see Admissions).
- Enrolment. Enrolling into a course means that the student has a confirmed place at UNE.
Before Arriving at UNE
At enrolment, students must know what subjects they wish to study in the first year of their course. Information about courses and individual subjects is available in the Course and Unit Catalogue.
When to Arrive
International students must ensure that they arrive at the University in time to attend International Orientation.
- Trimester 3 UNE Sydney Orientation Wednesday 30 October
- Trimester 3 UNE Armidale Orientation Thursday 31 October 2019
Refer to UNE Principal Dates for full details.
UNE Sydney Campus - 232 Church St, Parramatta - 30 October
UNE Sydney International Student Orientation is a 3-day orientation program and starts on Wednesday 30th October and finishes on Friday 1st November (3 days), students need to make travel arrangements to arrive before 30 October to ensure they arrive on time for the start on Wednesday morning 8:30 am. This program is specifically for those enrolled in the Masters of Nursing Practice and Master of Health Management (International) courses at the Sydney Campus. The orientation will cover important information including campus facilities, study conditions, key course information, placements, visa conditions, your rights as an international student, support services available on campus, and overseas student health cover (OSHC).
Please ensure you bring your Wi-Fi enabled laptop or tablet and student login details so you can take part in activities and practice navigating during the session. Sydney enrolled students can find more details on the UNE Sydney Events page.
UNE Armidale Campus Orientation Program - 31 October
The official program for commencing International Students in Armidale will take place Thursday 31 October from 9 am. Further details of this program will be available here shortly.
This program will include essential information for International students including; visa conditions, your rights as an international student, support services available on campus, overseas student health cover (OSHC), details about international student events, and much more.
If you are an International Student, it is super important that you attend this day. You can find further details about your program through your International Student Hub unit in Moodle.