Due to the negative impact that the Corona-virus has had on both students & staff, the cost of parking permits will be waived for the remainder of 2020. For those that have already purchased a parking permit you have 3 options available :
- Refunded in full
- Deferred to 2021
- Donate the refunded amounts towards the student emergency assistance fund.
Details of how to apply & obtain a refund, donate the refund or defer your payment to cover your parking in 2021 will be announced shortly. Once all three options have been finalised we will be in contact with those who have purchased a Parking permit this year by email. We hope to have these details sent out to those impacted no later than the week after Easter.
Note Those parking on campus in 2020 still need to display a valid parking permit & comply with the UNE's Parking Policy & Procedures.
The University of New England established a Restricted Parking Area and Pay Parking Scheme on campus in 2001. Restricted Parking operates 24 hours a day, all year round. Pay parking operates as indicated on the parking signs Monday-Friday excluding weekends & public Holidays.
UNE's campuses are open to public access and the Restricted Parking Area and Pay Parking Scheme are not intended to restrict access to the campus.
Any person who brings a vehicle onto campus must apply for the appropriate parking permit or parking ticket or abide by the permissive parking signage. Vehicles must display that permit/ ticket in clear view from the outside of the vehicle with all permit details displayed. Parking tickets are available for purchase from any of the ticket machines on campus.
Permit categories available are:
- Blue - Annual & Trimester (General Parking)
- Red - Annual & Trimester (Primary Reserve)
- Green - Annual (UNE & Contractor Parking)
Apply for a Parking Permit
The issue of a parking permit entitles a member of the university community to park in a designated and formal car parking space only, to the extent that such space is available.
15 minute, half hour, and two hour bays are available for parking in selected areas around campus. Vehicles are not required to purchase or display a parking permit in timed bays. A vehicle parked in a timed bay must comply with the corresponding signage.
Any vehicle that parks in contradiction to signage is deemed to have committed an offence and subject to the issue of a penalty notice.
The rules that govern parking on campus are contained in the following documents:
Students and Staff are urged to consider alternatives, such as public transport and car pooling, and greater use of bicycles to take advantage of the cycleways servicing the University. It is in the interests of all members of the University community, and the development and maintenance of the bushland setting of the campus, to reduce the number of private vehicles traveling to the site, as well as assisting with the broader issues of air pollution, traffic congestion and the like.
UNE accepts no responsibility for vehicles parked on campus. You park your vehicle at your own risk.
Regular patrols of the campus are undertaken by our Safety and Security Officers to ensure that vehicles are properly parked.
If you don't have a parking permit, you can use our pay as you go parking meter system in any purple bay. Parking tickets are available from ticket machines located around the campus.
Ticket machines accept coins & Visa & Mastercard cards only (payWave, debit & credit).
Cost – $1.00 per hour up to $8.00 per day (pro-rata) or $15.00 (7 x Days)
▪ Restricted Parking operates on campus 24 hours a day, all year round.
▪ Any person that brings a car onto campus must obtain a valid parking permit or ticket or abide by the permissive parking signs.
▪ Parking in both the Residential & Academic precincts of the campus is limited. It is suggested that alternative means of transport are considered before bringing a vehicle onto campus.
▪ A vehicle permit or ticket does not guarantee a space in a particular car park. The purchase of a vehicle permit or ticket provides a “licence to hunt” on a first in basis.
▪ Pay for Parking operates on campus for all permit categories between the hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
▪ Parking in permit bays & timed bays outside the times indicated on the parking signs is unrestricted.
▪ Students, staff and visitors parking in permit bays on campus must display the appropriate coloured permit, be aware of the UNE Parking Policy & UNE Parking Procedures and abide by them. They can be found at http://policies.une.edu.au/masterlist.php#p
▪ Short-term parking is available in 15 minute, ½ hour & 2 hour bays around campus which does not require a permit.
▪ When loading and unloading goods, vehicles can park in loading bays for 30 minutes which does not require a permit.
▪ Motorcycles are permitted to park in designated Motorcycle Parking areas free of charge on campus without displaying a permit. However, motorcycles occupying a designated coloured permit bay must display the appropriate coloured permit/ticket on their motorcycle or risk being issued with a Penalty Notice.
▪ Penalty Notices are issued to vehicles that breach the UNE Parking Policy & UNE Parking Procedures.
▪ Signage is in place advising where to park. Unless there is a sign indicating that parking is allowed you must not park there. This means, but not limited to, the following places: Grassed areas, Outside signposted bays, Footpaths, Driveways
▪ UNE accepts no responsibility for vehicles parked on campus. You park your vehicle at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is locked and that no valuable items are left in your vehicle.
▪ St Albert’s College car parks are not part of UNE’s Restricted Parking Area.
▪ 2 hour parking is available at Sport UNE between 8.00am & 8.00pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
▪ Parking tickets are available from ticket machines located around the campus. Ticket machines accept coins & Visa & Mastercard cards only (both debit & credit).
▪ There are limited places to obtain change on campus so it is advised to either use your credit card or bring enough coin with you to purchase the required ticket.
▪ Only vehicles displaying a valid Australian Disability Parking Scheme permit are permitted to park in designated disabled bays. Vehicles displaying a valid Australian Disability Parking permit may also park in Blue, Purple, Green & Pink permit bays in addition to the designated disabled bays.
Revenue NSW processes all Penalty Notices on behalf of the University. Appeals against the issuing of a Penalty Notice are to be directed to the SDRO & not UNE. Appeals can be made on-line via the Revenue NSW web site or by mail addressed to P O Box 786 Strawberry Hills NSW 2012.
Parking infringements are issued when:
- the appropriate parking permit is not displayed;
- the appropriate parking permit is not displayed correctly;
- the parking permit/ticket has expired;
- vehicles are parked in places not signposted as authorised parking;
- loading zone & timed bay limits have been exceeded; or
- other breaches of the UNE Parking Policy & Parking Procedures are committed.
If you have any questions relating to Parking on campus, please contact Safety, Security & Information by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning (02) 6773 3485.
Available to logged in Staff Only. Below is a link to an interactive map that shows the type & location of all parking bays on the main campus. This includes our Permit bays (Blue, Red, Silver & Green) as well as Timed, Disabled & Loading bays. Please click on UNEMAP to access the launch page.
Public users can download the parking brochure with map (PDF, 4047.37 KB).