Services and Facilities
Located within the newly refurbished Teaching and Learning building, the English Language Centre (ELC) sits right at the heart of our university campus. Opposite a park that's home to local wildlife like kangaroos and deer, the ELC is close to our campus mosque, used by many of our international students and other members of the Armidale community.
You'll undertake classes both within the ELC building, and at other locations on campus. The centre is wireless enabled, and you'll use a laptop as part of your studies. Computer labs are also available at many locations across campus, where you can access your student email and connect to the internet.
Once enrolled, you'll have access to the following services:
- airport pick-up (Armidale Terminal)
- accommodation options and ongoing support
- comprehensive orientation program on arrival to prepare you for your stay in Australia
- course advice and administration
- advice on scholarships and research grants
- family support advice, including schooling, child care and work permits
- welfare support for a wide range of matters including housing, education and referrals to other services for academic, health and financial matters
- VISA information and advice.
You'll also enjoy the University of New England's standard services, available to all students: