Prior to arrival at College
Getting ready for living at UNE
There are a few things we suggest you organise to make things easier prior to your arrival at College.
Car parks around the Colleges are administered by the University, residents wishing to use these car parks are required to purchase a parking permit on or before the day of their arrival to UNE to avoid fines.
For more information, visit:
or Apply for a Parking Permit Here
2. Student I.D
- Students who would like to collect from their college may do so by allocating their mailing address as c/o (College of residence) but will be required to supply the certified id as is required for mail outs
- Students who would like to collect their id from security will need to supply a jpeg photo, have a completed enrolment and can show their id in person upon collection
- If wanting the ID card mailed out, students must supply a jpeg photo, certified ID (if the ID is not certified this will delay processing) and have a completed enrollment.
- Access to College facilities
- Photocopying and printing
- Borrow books from the University's libraries
- After hours access to computer labs including the IT Building
- Sit for an examination (photo ID is required when attending examinations)
- Suitable passport photo image in jpg format (see requirements).
- If you are collecting your card from the UNE Life Safety, Security & Information Office you will be required to bring your identification document with you.
- If you would like your card mailed out you will need to upload a certified copy of one of the following:
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence
- Valid Passport
- Proof of Age/Photo Card
3. UNE SAFE App
It has many useful features such as:
- UNE Maps
- Safety information on Campus
- Friend walk
- Emergency contacts
- Support Resources at UNE
- UNE Safety Shuttle location
- Reporting incidents
4. Facebook Page
The UNE Colleges Support Facebook page is the one stop shop for all our events, information and updates while living in College. This page will keep you informed on everything from: free flu shots, free food events, planned power outages and more.
We also recommend you find and follow your own College's Facebook pages to keep in the loop with those you live with!
Quick links to the main pages here for you:
5. UNE Colleges Pre-Arrival Online Training
Prior to your arrival at your College it is a requirement you complete the following online training programs:
- Living in a College Community (time required to complete: 45-60mins)
- Consent Matters (time required the complete: 60-90mins)
Living in a College Community
Select your College and use the password provided to you. You will receive an email about completing your online training from your Head of College.
Note: Your UNE email address that you entered is now your username and the password is the one you created during the sign up process.
If you have any issues signing up or logging in to Living in a College Community please email: email@example.com
You will need your new UNE email and password which was sent to the original email address you provided UNE for communication. Your UNE email will end in [@myune.edu.au]. To log in and complete the Consent Matters online training use the link: Moodle
Need assistance with the Consent Matters module?
Email the IT Service Desk
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 6773 5000 or 1800 763 040
NOTE: Consent Matters will be down for scheduled maintenance from: 7:00pm Friday 15 Feb until 5:00pm Saturday 16 Feb