Why study Education and Teaching at UNE?
As our population grows, so does demand for teachers in our schools, from early childhood, through primary and secondary school, and even into vocational and tertiary institutions. With a degree in education, you will be in a unique and privileged position to make a worthwhile contribution to society. Become a role model for others while building leadership skills that will help you advance your career in education or heighten your employability in other fields.
UNE provides a range of quality programs in Early Childhood, Primary Teaching, Secondary Teaching, Special and Inclusive Education and Training and Development and all are available for study online, meaning you can be preparing for your new career, while still participating in your current one.
The Australian Government predicts* strong growth in the primary and secondary school sectors up until at least 2025, with very strong growth in early childhood education. It also outlines current average weekly salaries for teachers, which range from $1,488 up to almost $2,000.
Explore our Education and Teaching disciplines and courses now.
Courses by study level
- Associate Degree in Teaching (Pacific Focus)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Teaching)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (In-service Conversion)
- Bachelor of Education (K-12 Teaching)
- Bachelor of Education (K-6 Teaching)
- Bachelor of Education (Pacific Focus)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Music)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Science)
- Bachelor of Educational Studies
- Bachelor of Special and Inclusive Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Training and Development
- Undergraduate Certificate in Professional Development
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Comparative and International Education
- Graduate Certificate in Education Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice
- Graduate Certificate in eLearning
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice
- Master of Applied Leadership
- Master of Comparative and International Education
- Master of Education
- Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Bespoke Graduate Certificate: design your own 4 unit postgraduate course and have your work experience recognised in the process.
- ‘Fundamental’ Bespoke Course: choose two, three or four fundamental units from a traditional degree. If you are planning a new direction, or adding a new set of skills to your portfolio, you may want to start with this option. These units provide a foundation, or a ‘base camp’, to return to if you want to later progress to a full degree.
- ‘Advanced’ Bespoke Course: choose two, three or four advanced units from a full degree. This is a great strategy for staying current in your field, or advancing your knowledge.
- ‘Critical Content’ Bespoke Course: choose two, three or four units from any of the available units in a degree to create a Critical Content Bespoke Course. This option lets you get the knowledge you need without the time and cost of a full degree.
- ‘Mix and Match’ Bespoke Course: combine two, three or four units from different degrees and disciplines to design your mix and match Bespoke Course. This option lets you diversify your knowledge.
Why study with us?
Tessa Gutierrez, Bachelor of Music/Bachelor of Teaching graduate
Tessa Gutierrez has taught percussion for many years. When her life dramatically changed, she took up studying a Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of Teaching online with UNE and hasn't looked back.
Education and Teaching careers
Qualified teachers are increasingly in-demand. An education qualification can help you future proof your career as:
- early childhood teacher
- primary school teacher
- high school teacher
- TAFE teacher
- professional development educator
- education consultant
- VET sector teacher.
What happens next?
Got any questions about a course you would like to study? Don’t hesitate to contact us, our Future Student team is standing by to help.
2021 applications are now open. The application process only takes 20 minutes to complete. Don’t delay, apply now!
Your start date is based on the study period you choose to apply for.