Permission to Enrol Elsewhere

Cross-institutional study

Permission to enrol elsewhere (PTEE) or cross-institutional enrolment is accepted by the University of New England but is granted at the discretion of the Course Coordinator and will, or will not, be approved under the University's General Rule 21.

About PTEE applications

All Permission to Enrol Elsewhere Applications should be submitted to UNE Student Central four weeks prior to the other institution's closing date and must contain the following:

  • A completed online Permission to Enrol Elsewhere Form
  • A statement of justification for studying elsewhere
  • Unit outlines including the following: description of the unit, aims, objectives, assessments, unit weighting, a list of reference books and textbooks
  • A Cross-Institutional Admission Form from the Institution that you are applying for Permission to Enrol Elsewhere, as UNE is required to complete sections required by the other institution.
UNE courses with approved PTEE

UNE students enrolled in UNE courses* with rules that require units to be completed at another University must still submit a Permission to Enrol Elsewhere application. You are required only to complete Permission to Enrol Elsewhere Form and upload the Cross-Institutional Admission Form from the relevant institution.

*Courses include:

  • Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
  • Bachelor of Animal Science
  • Bachelor of Engineering Technology
  • Bachelor of GeoScience
  • Bachelor of Science
  • Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Law
  • Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education.
Application deadlines

Permission to Enrol Elsewhere Application Forms must be submitted to UNE four weeks before the closing dates of the Institution that you are applying for permission. If your Permission to Enrol Elsewhere Application is received after the four weeks before the closing date there is no guarantee your application will be finalised in time for the other institutions closing date.

On completion of your PTEE

On completion of your PTEE, please email via AskUNE either a current official academic transcript (showing all grades) that has been certified (stamped and verified by a Justice of the Peace) or My eQuals-Electronic Transcript. Mark the message for the attention of the Advanced Standing Section so that your advanced standing can be applied to your record.

Advanced standing will only be granted for passing grades which are equivalent to those of UNE, i.e. Pass, Credit, Distinction, High Distinction. Conceded Pass results (as they are defined in the UNE Rules) will not attract advanced standing.

Overseas student exchange programs for current UNE students 

All UNE Overseas Student Exchange Programs must be submitted to the Exchange and Study Abroad Officer-UNE International via ASKUNE or before the:

  • 31 August for Trimester 1 studies overseas commencing after January the following year
  • 28 February for Trimester 2 studies overseas commencing after 1 July in the same year.

For further information, refer to Current Partner Institutions.

For information, refer to:

Scholarship and OS-Help Loans Information (PDF, 388.49 KB)