Dr Cloe Cummins
Lecturer in Exercise and Sports Science - School of Science and Technology
Phone: +61 2 6773 1775
Cloe completed her doctorate in Exercise and Sports Science at the University of Sydney in 2016. Cloe’s main research areas stem from her industry experience having implemented sports science processes within rugby league and working as a Research and Development Sports Scientist for a microtechnology provider. Cloe’s research focuses on improving team sport performance and reducing injury risk through novel applications of microtechnology to examine positional group differences; as well as to quantify training and match loads, collision forces and energetic demands.
- PhD (Exercise and Sports Science). The University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise and Sports Science). The University of Sydney
- Level 2 Accredited Sports Scientist with Exercise and Sports Science Australia
- Accredited Exercise Scientist with Exercise and Sports Science Australia
- Orientation to Exercise and Sports Science
- Application of microtechnology to team sports
- Monitoring and improving team sport performance
- Load and fatigue monitoring
Selected Recent Publications:
- Delaney J, Cummins C, Thornton R, Duthie G. Importance, reliability and usefulness of acceleration measures in team sports. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research; DOI: 10.1519/JSC.0000000000001849
- Cummins C, Gray A, Shorter K, Halaki M & Orr R. Energetic demands of interchange and full-match rugby league players. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research; DOI: 10.1519/JSC.0000000000001801
- Cummins C, McLean B, Halaki M & Orr R. Positional differences in external on-field load during specific classifications across a professional rugby league pre-season. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance; DOI: 10.1123/ijspp.2015-0789, 2016.
- Cummins C, Gray A, Shorter K, Halaki M & Orr R. Metabolic power and energetic costs of National Rugby League match-play. International Journal of Sports Medicine; 17(07): 552-558, 2016.
- Cummins C & Orr R. Analysis of physical collisions in elite National Rugby League match-play. International Journal of Sports Physiology and performance; 10(6): 732-739, 2015.
- Cummins C, Orr R, O’Connor H & West C. Global Positioning Systems (GPS) and microtechnology sensors in team sports: a systematic review. Sports Medicine; 43(10): 1025-1042, 2013.