Mr S Paul Akon
Lecturer - School of Law
Phone: +61 2 6773 3540
Mobile: +61 409 523160
Paul's background is in 35 years of general legal practice in NSW, with an emphasis on litigation. He has worked in the Sydney CBD, suburban Sydney, and regional NSW. He has practised in both the private and public sectors.
Senior Solicitor, Supreme Court of NSW, BA (Syd) LLB (Syd), Assoc M Resolution Institute
- Law Society of NSW
- Resolution Institute (combining LEADR and IAMA)
Paul has been a lecturer at the School of Law, UNE since 2006. He currently unit coordinates and lectures in:
- LAW480: Advanced Research, Writing and Advocacy (Moot)
- LAW157: Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- LAW336: Local Government Law
- LAW321: Conveyancing
In the past, Paul has coordinated and lectured in GSB 749 - The Law of Commercial Associations and LS 281 - Property Law. He has also tutored LS 160 - Criminal Law.
In company with a colleague, Paul successfully supervised an Ag-Law PhD candidate on the pleadings, practice, and procedure of Land and Environment Court. This was for a moot at which The Hon Keith Mason QC presided.
- Designing a sound carbon trading register
- Mediation in the criminal law
- Comparing legal aid funding policies for indigenous and non-indigenous Australians