Keith and Dorothy Mackay Postgraduate Travelling Scholarships
The Keith and Dorothy Mackay Travelling Scholarship provides research funding toward the expenses:
- of a short-term attachment to another Institution, as approved by the University of New England, for no more than three months, or
- to travel for the purpose of presenting research findings where the enrolled student is presenting a paper, poster or abstract on their research, at an internationally recognised academic conference. Combining an approved research placement and conference attendance is allowed.
Up to a maximum of AU$5,000 can be awarded for a short term attachment; or a maximum of AU$3,000 for attendance at an internationally recognised conference.
Applications must be for travel after the scholarship closing date. Funding of retrospective activities will not be considered.
- The Scholarship will not fund fieldwork or data collection.
- Scholarship applicants must currently be enrolled in a Higher Degree Research (HDR) course at the University of New England.
- The travel for a short-term attachment must be completed before the end of the second year of candidature for a Doctorate, or before the end of the first year of candidature for a Masters student (FTE days).
- There must be at least six months of candidature remaining (FTE days) after the proposed attendance dates at an internationally recognised research conference.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship please review the below guidelines and complete the application forms:
Scholarship applications can be submitted through AskUNE.
|Opening Date||Closing Date|
|Round 1||15 December 2019||31 January 2020|
|Round 2||15 June 2020||31 July 2020|