Terms of Reference, Policies and Reference Material
Academic Board Terms of Reference
The University is currently in a transition phase following the recent approval by Council of revised Terms of Reference for the Academic Board and some of the committees of Academic Board. The revised Terms of Reference incorporate a change in functions, and a revised membership aligned to the new academic structure.
The current and revised Terms of Reference of Academic Board and of the committees of Academic Board, as approved by UNE Council, are as follows:
- revised Academic Board Terms of Reference (AB) and previous Academic Board Terms of Reference (AB)
- Academic Board Standing Committee (ABSC) – Annex A of the Academic Board Terms of Reference
- revised Teaching and Learning Committee (TLC) and previous University Teaching and Learning Committee (UTLC)
- revised Curriculum Committee (CC) and previous University Academic Program Committee (UAPC)
- revised Research Committee (ResComm) and previous University Research Committee (URC)
- Graduate Research Subcommittee (GRS) –
Annex A of the University Research Committee[UNDER Review]
- Graduate Research Examinations Board (GREB) –
see Annex B of the University Research Committee
Academic Board Policies and Reference Material
Useful reference material is listed below:
Background Reading – Academic Quality
The following attachments, while not attempting to be a comprehensive list, provide background reading on academic governance and academic quality issues.
Details of the current Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015 is available via the UNE Compliance system.
Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) guidance notes and provider resources by topic are available to view on the website.