Professional Staff Representative Election
Elections are now closed.
Call for nominations from professional staff representatives for Academic Board
Nominations are now called from eligible professional staff for the following elected positions on the Academic Board:
- 2 x representatives of HEO6 - HEO10 level professional staff.
To be eligible for election, staff:
- must be a current HEO6 - HEO10 professional staff member;
- must be employed on a continuing basis or on a fixed-term basis with a 50% or more work load with sufficient service remaining to fulfil their period of office;
- must have been employed for 12 months or more at UNE;
- will need to have arranged a supporting 'nominator' and 'seconder' from among the eligible professional staff; and
- will be asked to make a declaration that they are a fit and proper person under the TEQSA Act and ESOS Act.
Potential nominees are encouraged to talk to the current Chair of Academic Board or Deputy University Secretary (email@example.com or x 3445) regarding the role and the associated responsibilities of this position.
Notice of elections
If the number of accepted nominations exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, an election will be called. Should an election be required, the following timetable for the elections is proposed.
- 11th April to 25th April 2018: voting if elections are required (i.e. more than two eligible professional staff members are nominated).
- 30th April 2018: Returning Officer expected to announce the result of the elections in time for a formal induction, prior to the board meeting on 18 June 2018.
If the number of accepted nominations does not exceed the number of vacancies to be filled, the Returning Officer shall declare the persons nominated to be elected.
How to nominate
If you wish to nominate as a professional staff representative on Academic Board, please complete the nomination form by midnight Sunday 8th April 2018.
You must indicate who is nominating and seconding you from among eligible professional staff members (i.e. also HEO6 to HEO10 level), who are also eligible for election.
Nominators and seconders will be required to independently verify their support of the nomination via email with required details to the Returning Officer, Mrs Gabrielle Price, firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Sunday 8th April 2018.
In an email sent to all eligible professional staff on the 23 March 2018 there is a link to access the nomination forms (emailed).
In the event an election is required, all professional staff of Level HEO6 to HEO10 will be eligible to vote once.
If eligible professional staff would like to discuss their nomination and potential role on the board, the Chair of Academic Board, Professor Nick Reid, or the Deputy University Secretary, Mrs Gabrielle Price (email@example.com), would be happy to discuss by email or meet prior to the close of nominations.