myUNE Handy Hints
- Make sure you check your course rules under the Course and Unit Catalogue (the year you commenced your course referred to in your offer or transfer letter) and where provided, course plans, to work out which units you are going to enrol in:
- only choose appropriate units for your course from the 2014 Course and Unit Catalogue. Please note that each year the University deletes units, changes unit codes and adds new units. - check Courses Updates for details
- make sure you have checked the timetable to ensure there are no on campus or intensive school clashes for the units you have chosen before you log in
- please check for units with Mandatory Intensive schools that are scheduled prior to the commencement of a teaching period and do not enrol in units that have Mandatory Intensive schools that you cannot attend
- it is recommended that you enrol as early as possible and for the full academic year. Except for year-long units fees are charged and invoiced on a trimester basis, not the full academic year. Enrolling early ensures that you secure your place in the unit. Also check the textbook requirements for your units and place your orders early to ensure delivery prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
- Remember to turn pop up blockers off while you are enrolling online. Select the 'check browser settings' link on the first page of online enrolment to ensure your computer meets computer requirements to successfully undertake online enrolment
- Do you need to change your address or personal details? You can do so online through myUNE using the links under myEnrol called 'Personal Details' and 'Addresses'. Please note that if you expect to sit an examination prior to March 201 and need to change your Exam Centre Location, please submit an Change my Exam Centre Form (e.g on campus students whose Exam Centre Location is normally Armidale, who are undertaking a Summer Semester unit and wish to change to an Exam Centre near their residential address). Click here for more information about changing Exam Centre Locations
- Enrolling through myUNE should only take around 15 minutes if you have selected appropriate units and checked for on campus and intensive school timetable clashes before you log in
- When searching for units, if you are unsure of the full unit code you may find it helpful to search just on the first part of the unit code. For example, if you search on 'LS', you will return a list of all unit codes that begin with LS
- Be careful that you select the unit in the correct teaching period. 2014/T1 means that the unit is offered in Trimester 1 2014, 2014/T2 means the unit is offered in Trimester 2 2014, 2014/Y1 means that the unit spans both Trimester 1 and Trimester 2. 2014/Y2 means that the unit spans both Trimester 2 and Trimester 3. 2014/Y3 means that the unit spans both Trimester 3 2014 and Trimester 1 2015.
- Units that are offered ON and OFF campus will appear more than once in your search. Under the heading 'Class' you will see the options of OL, ON or OFF, and you need to choose the correct unit according to whether you want to study the unit online, on campus or off campus by distance education
- Unless you are studying with UNE via one of our partnership institutions, ONLY choose units offered at the Armidale campus.
6 Easy Steps to Re-enrolling Online
Register for your UNE username and password: To enrol online, you will need to have a UNE username and password. If you have not already registered for your UNE username and password, go to myUNE and select 'Haven't got your username?'. This will take you through the registration steps.
Log in and select the myEnrol tab: Click on the 'Enrolment & Enrolment Variation' link. If presented with a course code select the course you are re-enrolling into for 2014. Be sure to check that the academic year is 2014.
- Step 1 Declaration
Please read this carefully as it summarises the conditions under which you enrol as a student of the University of New England. Click 'I Agree'
- Step 2 Course
This screen displays a range of information about the course you are studying. You can update specific information at this point eg exam location (see myUNE Handy Hints above) and completion period. Once you have made any changes click on 'Submit'
- Step 3 Majors
If your course requires you to do a Major(s) this is where you can nominate your major(s). If you do not need to nominate a major, Click on 'Continue'.
If you need to nominate a major first click on 'Select New Major' to search for your major(s). Click on the 'Search' button to retrieve the available major/s for your course. Click 'Add' to select your major/s then click 'Select Major/s'. If your course rules permit you may have the option of choosing a General Program. Then click 'Confirm' followed by 'Continue'
- Step 4 Units
This is where you select the units you want to enrol in for 2014. Having ensured that the units are appropriate for your course using the Course and Unit Catalogue and the course rules for the year you commenced your course, you need to search for each unit, To search for units, go to the 'Search for a Unit Code' field, put the unit code in the box and click 'Search' (multiple units can be searched for at one time by entering part of a unit code and slicking 'Search'). On the following screen ensure you select the correct mode/teaching period for each unit you are adding and click the 'Select' tick box next to each unit then click the 'Select Unit/s' button at the bottom left of the screen. The units you have selected will now appear in the unit table with a peachy-orange background.
Repeat this step until you have selected all your units for 2014 then click 'Confirm', which will take you to another screen 'Save Unit/s and View Transaction'. Check your unit selections and print the page if you require a hard copy record then click on 'Back to Current Enrolment'. The units you have successfully enrolled in will now appear in the unit table with a green background. Now click on 'Continue'.
Units that have co- or pre-requisites that you do not meet, or permission required from the Head of School, will appear as INVALID under the unit status. This means you are NOT enrolled in those units. The first thing you need to do is submit the relevant online form to seek permission. If permission is granted, Student Central staff will enrol you in the unit(s) and advise you of this via your UNE email address.
- Step 5 Services
This is where you have the opportunity to opt in to free membership of the UNE Student Association. To find out more about the UNE Student Association click here.
- Step 6 Finish
This is the final step of online enrolment. Please read the Enrolment Final Check list and attend to anything you may need to do. To exit click on the 'Back to myUNE' button.