UNE unit code: ANCH328
*You are viewing a unit that is offered in 2021. Unit information may be subject to change prior to commencement of the teaching period.
- Trimester 3 - Online
Intensive schools are either mandatory or voluntary periods of on-site study at our UNE Armidale or Sydney campuses. Please read the unit information for specific details.
Combined units have the same content but can be studied at different levels.
There are no intensive schools required for this unit.
A pre-requisite is a unit that you must pass before you will be permitted to enrol in a related or subsequent unit. Most pre-requisite units will contain foundation knowledge which is essential for success in later units. Read more.
A restriction describes a unit that you have already successfully completed, which is considered the equivalent to another unit that you are attempting to enrol in. Depending on the units you have completed previously, you may be exempt from completing subsequent restricted units. Read more.
Please refer to the student handbook for further details on this unit.
Upon completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- conduct independent research into the important features of the social, political, cultural, and architectural features of ancient towns and cities, and thereby demonstrating pedagogical autonomy, well-developed judgement, and responsibility as a learner;
- demonstrate a broad understanding, and conceptual knowledge, of the key themes concerning ancient towns and cities;
- present a properly documented argument addressing an historical problem or issue relating to an ancient town or city, demonstrating a sound knowledge of the ancient evidence;
- select and synthesise ideas and arguments from modern sources, showing an understanding of modern scholarship on ancient towns and cities; and
- demonstrate an ability to articulate and communicate in written form the main themes and intellectual problems involved in understanding ancient towns and cities by writing structured prose and framing arguments at an undergraduate level.
Register your interest and we'll keep you updated
Why study with us?
I'm grateful to UNE for the opportunities studying has given me, but above all, for making me realise I could actually do it, and giving me a sense of accomplishment.
What happens next?
Got any questions about a course you would like to study? Don’t hesitate to contact us, our Future Student team is standing by to help.
2021 applications are now open. The application process only takes 20 minutes to complete. Don’t delay, apply now!
Your start date is based on the study period you choose to apply for.