UNE unit code: HIST151
*You are viewing a unit that is offered in 2021. Unit information may be subject to change prior to commencement of the teaching period.
- Trimester 2 - On Campus
- Trimester 2 - Online
- Armidale Campus
Intensive schools are either mandatory or voluntary periods of on-site study at our UNE Armidale or Sydney campuses. Please read the unit information for specific details.
There are no intensive schools required for this unit.
A restriction describes a unit that you have already successfully completed, which is considered the equivalent to another unit that you are attempting to enrol in. Depending on the units you have completed previously, you may be exempt from completing subsequent restricted units. Read more.
Please refer to the student handbook for further details on this unit.
Upon completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- apply ethical conventions, methods and sources to study history;
- apply specialised knowledge to locate and analyse particular types of historical sources in depth;
- demonstrate an understanding of the key events and issues that shaped modern Australia;
- demonstrate an understanding of the impact and legacies of debates in history;
- research and write different types of well-constructed and well-presented assignments; and
- identify and reflect upon the transformative learning that comes from scholarly historical investigation.
Register your interest and we'll keep you updated
Why study with us?
I'm grateful to UNE for the opportunities studying has given me, but above all, for making me realise I could actually do it, and giving me a sense of accomplishment.
What happens next?
Got any questions about a course you would like to study? Don’t hesitate to contact us, our Future Student team is standing by to help.
2021 applications are now open. The application process only takes 20 minutes to complete. Don’t delay, apply now!
Your start date is based on the study period you choose to apply for.