UNE unit code: CLLA302
*You are viewing a unit that is offered in 2021. Unit information may be subject to change prior to commencement of the teaching period.
- Trimester 2 - On Campus
- Trimester 2 - Online
- Armidale Campus
Intensive schools are either mandatory or voluntary periods of on-site study at our UNE Armidale or Sydney campuses. Please read the unit information for specific details.
Combined units have the same content but can be studied at different levels.
Intensive schools are for students enrolled in Online Mode only, unless specified in the notes.
|06 August 2021||08 August 2021||Non-Mandatory Intensive School||Trimester 2, Online||Only offered if a minimum of three online students from each strand (Latin and Greek) commits to attend.|
A pre-requisite is a unit that you must pass before you will be permitted to enrol in a related or subsequent unit. Most pre-requisite units will contain foundation knowledge which is essential for success in later units. Read more.
A restriction describes a unit that you have already successfully completed, which is considered the equivalent to another unit that you are attempting to enrol in. Depending on the units you have completed previously, you may be exempt from completing subsequent restricted units. Read more.
Upon completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- apply reading skills to complex, unpredictable and extended Greek or Latin texts;
- independently apply knowledge and skills to generate and transmit solutions to sophisticated questions about the way in which a particular author uses an ancient language;
- analyse and evaluate complex, unpredictable texts using an appropriate metalanguage to complete a range of activities;
- apply and transmit specialist information about the style of particular authors, the requirements of the genre and historical and literary context of the text; and
- demonstrate broad technical and theoretical knowledge of an ancient language as well as specialist knowledge about a particular author/authors and modern responses to their work.
Register your interest and we'll keep you updated
Why study with us?
I'm grateful to UNE for the opportunities studying has given me, but above all, for making me realise I could actually do it, and giving me a sense of accomplishment.
What happens next?
Got any questions about a course you would like to study? Don’t hesitate to contact us, our Future Student team is standing by to help.
2021 applications are now open. The application process only takes 20 minutes to complete. Don’t delay, apply now!
Your start date is based on the study period you choose to apply for.