Scholarships and other financial support
Scholarships can help you with the costs of studying in Australia. Undergraduate and postgraduate students can apply for Australian Government scholarship. If you study a postgraduate research degrees, UNE offers research scholarships as well.
Australian Government Scholarships
Australian Scholarships is an Australian Government initiative to build partnerships and increase mutual understanding, knowledge and innovation in the Asia Pacific region.
Australian Government Scholarships includes all of the existing scholarship programs managed by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) and the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).
More information on Australian Scholarships can be found online at the Australian Government website.
Destination Australia Scholarships
The University of New England has been selected by the Commonwealth Government as one of the tertiary education institutions that will award a number of the new Destination Australia Program (DAP) scholarships for commencement in the 2020 academic year.
Higher Degree Research and Honours students who wish to apply for a Destination Australia Program Scholarship should apply via Higher Degree Research Scholarships.
UNE International scholarships
How to apply?
- Apply for your UNE course via the Application Portal.
- Obtain an Offer of Admission to UNE.
- Complete the online UNE International Tuition Fee Scholarship form. Once you have your Offer of Admission and have met all admission conditions (EAP and degree packages are acceptable);
- Accept your Offer of Admission and receive your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), UNE will advise you of the outcome of your Tuition Fee Scholarship.
International students commencing studies at UNE Armidale in 2020 may be eligible for an accommodation scholarship in one of UNE’s residential colleges.
Postgraduate Research Scholarships
UNE offers a number of substantial research scholarships to postgraduate students studying research-based degrees including discipline specific research, targeted research projects and others that have a broader eligibility criteria.
UNE International Postgraduate Research Award (IPRA)
The UNE International Postgraduate Research Award (UNE IPRA) scholarship is offered to outstanding international candidates who wish to enrol in a research degree at UNE.
- Up to 20 UNE IPRA’s are available to outstanding applicants who wish to enrol in a postgraduate research degree at UNE
- The UNE IPRA provides a stipend per annum, course tuition fees and single Standard Overseas Health Insurance
- The Awards are for a maximum duration of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Doctoral degree
- Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential