Ms Lisa Ward
Associate Lecturer - School of Law
Phone: +61 2 6773 3271
Lisa commenced teaching at UNE in 2010, in the areas of Business, Banking/Finance, Commercial, Corporation Law, Screen Studies, Advertising and Academic/Creative Writing. Prior to this, she taught Communications at TAFE across four disciplines, including Constitutional and Industrial Laws. She worked on major infrastructure projects in NSW as a Communications Consultant writing proposals, submissions and media collateral. Lisa has also worked in television and radio as a Journalist, TV / Radio Presenter, Researcher/Writer and Archival Researcher, including contract and copyright clearances. She has written and directed film and theatre. In 2010 she won an award for Direction of the Most Popular Comedy.
LLB (UNE); BA (UNSW); Post Grad Dip (Comms) (UTS); MA candidate (UNE)
- LSSU251 Introduction to Business Law
- LSSU451 Legal Studies
- LSSU391 Principles of Corporations Law
- LSSU591 Law of Commercial Associations
- LAW272 Law of Contract II
Media and Communications, Literacy/Writing
- ENCO102 Writing in Genres (Creative Non-fiction writing)
- ENGL001 English Literacy and Academic Writing
- COMM101 Screen Media
- COMM301 Film Techniques and Digital Effects
- COMM332/532 News and Journalism
- COMM321/521 Advertising
- COMM382/582 Hollywood Cinema
- COMM383/583 Genre Films (Science Fiction Films)
- COMM385/585 Australian Screens
- COMM120 Media Studies: An introduction
- WORK300 Work Integrated Learning - Professional Skills Development
Awards and Distinctions
UNE Teaching Commendations 2011 -2018
Runner up Actor in Most Popular Play 2011
Winner Director of Most Popular Play 2010
Primary Research Area/sCorporate crime, law and film.; Medico-legal ethics, intellectual disability, human rights, euthanasia, the legal framework and media representation of sociological shifts.; Advertising/Media: the legal framework and interaction with self-regulation.
- Corporate crime, law and film.
- Medico-legal ethics, intellectual disability, human rights, euthanasia, the legal framework and media representation of sociological shifts.
- Advertising/Media: the legal framework and interaction with self-regulation.
Research Supervision Experience
ARTS502 Dissertation Unit
Lisa Ward and David Parker, Business and Law in Australia, (Thomson Reuters, 3rd ed, forthcoming 2019).
Ward, L., (In preparation), "Corporate crime and film - Whose law, and who's telling the truth?", 2018-19.
Ward, L., (In preparation), "A Licence to Kill Ageing Intellectually Disabled Citizens – Who protects the human rights of our ageing relatives?", 2018.
Broadcasts on Radio, TV and Cable, 1992-2010.
Australasian Law Teachers Association
Communications & Media Law Association
Corporate Law Teachers Association