We're regionally located, globally connected
UNE is one of Australia's great teaching and research centres, with a unique regional perspective.
We are a leading innovator of flexible education delivery with leading academic authorities in a variety of teaching and research areas.
UNE is dedicated to identifying and delivering innovations of value to society and industry, in Australia and internationally, with a particular emphasis on inter-disciplinary research. We seek solutions to complex problems in rural and regional Australia. Our research involves interdisciplinary and cross-institutional collaborations and is underpinned by five thematic research priorities:
- Australia's future food and water security: smart science, smart technology
- Climate change and environmental sustainability: protecting biodiversity, effective policies
- Health and wellbeing in rural communities: social exclusion, health inequity, mental health, social policy
- Our communities, our neighbours: regional and rural development, sustainability, prosperity and peace
- Our past, present and future: Australia's regional history, regional memory, regional identity, protection and promotion of cultural heritage.
Resources for media
Visit the UNE Brand Toolkit for:
Bilingualism in the Bush (PDF, 1.8 MB)
Working with children aged 2-7 and their families to document ways native language is maintained at home and in society.
Community Garden Project (PDF, 5.4 MB)
Dr Kate Wright's community garden project incorporates Indigenous knowledge and nourishes community connections.
Precision Agriculture Research Group (PDF, 5.3 MB)
Developing new technologies that address current challenges in agriculture, horticulture and natural resource management
Media Services information for UNE Staff (login required)