OSSE300 International Study Program 2019
The UNE Business School is offering undergraduate students an exciting opportunity to participate in a UNE Business School International Study Program in Trimester 3 2019. The Study Program will be an “immersion experience” introducing you to the cultural and business environment of a nation that plays a key role in the global economy. The carefully tailored program will allow selected students to explore cultural diversity, business networking and development opportunities in the dynamic and rapidly developing economy of Australia’s biggest trading partner.
The Study Program will ensure that you no longer see China as simply a bundle of dry statistics; rather you will begin to see it through a cross-cultural lens. It would be safe to say that you will find this Study Tour a formative experience - not just in your views about China, but in your perceptions of Australia and its ability to engage in a rapidly changing world.
The Study Program will be undertaken as part of OSSE300 (Overseas Study Experience) and will involve academic assessment. To ensure that you are eligible to study the unit you must consult with your Course Coordinator. For information about OS-HELP funding to assist in the cost of the Program, follow the links.
“Global Business: Innovation and Sustainability” (3 November – 17 November 2019)
Led by Dr Tony Ramsay (email@example.com) & Dr Valerie Dalton
Over 14 days you will see the astonishing wealth that has gravitated to the centres of Chinese cities including Beijing, Xian, Shanghai and Yantai. Global business innovation and sustainability will be at the forefront of the Study Tour with business visits exploring agricultural production, retail and the finance sector (to name but a few). Some of the many and varied visits include:
- A vertically integrated food production facility;
- An audience with senior staff at the Australian Embassy to discuss opportunities for Australian businesses;
- A guided walk through Tiananmen Square before entering the Forbidden City;
- A local traditional farming village with active farming activities;
- A visit to the Chengdu Panda base;
- A 2000 year old irrigation system that is still in operation today;
- An apple farm/winery and/or agricultural facility;
- An audience with senior members of banking and finance institutions in Hong Kong;
- A meeting with senior staff with association to the Australian wool industry;
- Visits to two universities to meet fellow students; and
- An evening boat dinner cruise on Hong Kong Harbour.
Tour Cost: Approximately $5650 per person (twin share accommodation) which includes international airfares (ex-Sydney), travel in country, meals and all activities. See OS-HELP funding available.
Please note that this price is indicative only, as we are yet to lock in final costings.
Application opportunity now extended!
|Applications open||4 March 2019|
12 May 2019
13-26 May 2019
|Students notified of outcome|
27 May 2019
|Deposits open, forms signed|
Deposits due, forms signed
21 June 2019
|Final payment (without surcharge)|
Final payment (with surcharge)
Up to 16 August 2019
Up to 20 September 2019
Who can apply?
1. Undergraduate students enrolled in any degree through the UNE Business School, School of Environmental and Rural Science, School of Arts or School of Humanities.
2. Students who are eligible to enrol in OSSE300 or ECON339 in T1, 2019.
* Undergraduate students are able to apply for OS-Help Assistance for the cost of the tour. Conditions apply.
Please DO NOT apply for OS-HELP until a formal invitation email has been sent to you following the conclusion of the interview process.
Conditions of Application
- Students must depart Sydney and return to Sydney as members of the UNE group. In cases where students live interstate, we will endeavour to take suitable flights from interstate capitals into account, as long as these flights to not interrupt the group schedule. Additional costs may be involved and Helloworld Armidale and Geotours Australia will discuss options with relevant applicants.
- Students will be covered by UNE’s travel insurance for the duration of the study program ONLY, taken from departure from home city, to return home city. Any additional personal travel (which must be approved by your course coordinator) will require additional private travel insurance.
- Students must abide by UNE’s Statement of Standards and Expectations for Student Participants in Overseas Programs (the form you sign as part of the application is a record of your agreement to abide by these standards).
- Approved students must abide by the deadlines for payment of deposits , final payment and visa fees (if applicable), as stated on the booking form.
- Students must hold or obtain a valid passport, valid for at least 6 months beyond the return date to Australia, and provide a colour photocopy to both Helloworld Armidale and Geotours Australia, no later than 8 weeks prior to program departure from Australia.
- Visas may be required for travel, and applicants will be advised of visa requirements. If required, visa application forms will be provided by Helloworld Armidale/Geotours Australia. Students will be required to meet the cost of visas, as well as any processing and courier fees.
- Students will also be responsible for seeking appropriate medical advice for travel to the countries concerned, as well as any subsequent vaccination or other medical costs.
- Students will be required to complete a travel application form prior to acceptance. It is expected that a minimum level of fitness be required for the study programs.
- Students must be enrolled in a unit of study OSSE300 (or ECON339) or OSSE500.
Send the completed form, with attached résumé, and names, addresses, and contact telephone numbers of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org UNE Business School.