Regionally located, globally connected
UNE is one of Australia's great teaching and research centres, with a unique regional perspective.
We are a leading innovator of flexible education delivery with leading academic authorities in a variety of teaching and research areas.
UNE is dedicated to identifying and delivering innovations of value to society and industry, in Australia and internationally, with a particular emphasis on inter-disciplinary research. We seek solutions to complex problems in rural and regional Australia. Our research involves interdisciplinary and cross-institutional collaborations and is underpinned by five thematic research priorities:
- Australia's future food and water security: smart science, smart technology
- Climate change and environmental sustainability: protecting biodiversity, effective policies
- Health and wellbeing in rural communities: social exclusion, health inequity, mental health, social policy
- Our communities, our neighbours: regional and rural development, sustainability, prosperity and peace
- Our past, present and future: Australia's regional history, regional memory, regional identity, protection and promotion of cultural heritage.
Resources for media
Visit the UNE Brand Toolkit for:
Contact the UNE Media team
For media and public relations enquiries:
Phone: 02 6773 2551
Media Services information for UNE Staff (login required)
Follow UNE News & Media: