Pre arrival information
If you are planning on studying at UNE or have been accepted to study at UNE then there is a lot to think about before you arrive in Australia. Here you will find information about what you might need to consider.
UNE International strongly recommends you arrive at least two weeks before university starts. This will allow you time to prepare for all your essential needs (accommodation, banking, enrolment) and attend international student orientation.
Planning Your Arrival
- Book accommodation. Temporary accommodation may be required for a few nights if the student is going into a self-catered site
- Make a list of subjects to study in the first year. Research the units that are required or desired
- Arrange for airport pick-up by sending arrival details to International Services. Make sure that a confirmation email has been received.
- Know where they need to be for Orientation - including times and venues. The International Services staff can help with any queries
- Bring a pen, notebook, passport, student visa and list of subjects for enrollment
It is compulsory for students to attend Orientation and take notes - there is a lot of information to absorb. In the case that a student gets lost or is unsure about where they should be, they should go to UNE International.