Mr Guido Posthausen
Acting Director - Oorala Aboriginal Centre
Phone: +61 2 6773 3439
AUTC Award for University Teaching (Instutional Award)
Vice-Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (Team Category)
Carrick Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
Unit Co-ordinator for:
- TRAX106 - ICT Skills in Higher Education
- OORA100 - Aboriginal Resilience and the Arts
- OORA300 - Aboriginal Resilience and the Arts
- OORA200 - Working with Aboriginal People
BA (Hons), Grad. Cert. Higher Education - University of New England
- Academic Skills
- Aboriginal studies
- Learning and Teaching
- Higher Education
- Online Learning Spaces
- The Enhanced Teacher Training (ETT) Scholarship program: Learning from the experiences of scholarship recipients " (2017 - HE16-286)
- Embedding literacy support for at-risk students in initial teacher education units (2016 - HE16-300)
- "MATSITI Collaborative Workplace Project investigating teacher education access and completion" (2015 - HE14-258)
- "Working from the Boot of a Red Falcon": Rebuilding Schools After Fire" (2014 - HE14-234)
- 2012 (OLT): Member Project Team - Indigenous Higher Education Transition Project
- 2014 (MATSITI Grant): Member Project Team: Exit Survey for Indigenous Students. Exploratory Research Project (Jones and Takayama, UNE)
- 2015 (HEPP Grant): Carter, K. & Posthausen, G. TAFE Cert III/ TRACKS Pathway.
- 2015 (HEPP Grant): Carter, K. & Posthausen, G. On-campus pre-orientation program.
- 2016-17 Excellence & Equity in Maths Higher Education Project Grant: “Switched On”: A UNE Indigenous STEM Program.
- 2016 and 2017 (HEPPP Grant): Posthausen, G. On-campus Experience Days for Indigenous High School Students.
- 2017 (HEPPP Grant): Posthausen, G. Review of UNE alternative admission pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
Refereed conference proceedings
Brogan, M. & Posthausen, G. (2009). Narrative practice as cultural mediation. Paper presented at the 2nd Australasian Narrative Inquiry Conference, Armidale, July 12-13.
Posthausen, G. (2014, June). Fifteen years of learning and teaching: Indigenous education - the changing landscape of support in Australian higher education.Paper presented at Conference of the International Consortium for Educational Development, ICED 2014 Stockholm, 15-18 June.
Nye, A. and Posthausen, G. (2016, November). Refiguring Leadership: Rebuilding Schools After Fire: Working from the boot of a red Falcon. Paper presented at Australian Association for Research in Education Conference, Melbourne, Australia.
Jones, T., Takayama, K., Posthausen, G., et.al. (2016). Improving Services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students: A Critical Study. Nova Science Publishers.