UNE unit code: ANCH112
*You are viewing a unit that is offered in 2021. Unit information may be subject to change prior to commencement of the teaching period.
- Trimester 3 - Online
Intensive schools are either mandatory or voluntary periods of on-site study at our UNE Armidale or Sydney campuses. Please read the unit information for specific details.
There are no intensive schools required for this unit.
There are no requisites for this unit.
Please refer to the student handbook for further details on this unit.
Upon completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- demonstrate specialised knowledge of the main political and social phenomena of the early civilisations of ancient Egypt and the Near East and their relationship to neighbouring societies;
- analyse human behaviour and concerns in a historically different context of these civilisations;
- apply critical analysis to ancient evidence, literary, archaeological and artistic, for these civilisations;
- produce clear and effective written work;
- apply basic research skills to learn about these civilisations; and
- demonstrate cogent, logical arguments (including the ability to select and use evidence).
Register your interest and we'll keep you updated
Why study with us?
I'm grateful to UNE for the opportunities studying has given me, but above all, for making me realise I could actually do it, and giving me a sense of accomplishment.
What happens next?
Got any questions about a course you would like to study? Don’t hesitate to contact us, our Future Student team is standing by to help.
2021 applications are now open. The application process only takes 20 minutes to complete. Don’t delay, apply now!
Your start date is based on the study period you choose to apply for.