UNE unit code: HIST332
*You are viewing a unit that is offered in 2021. Unit information may be subject to change prior to commencement of the teaching period.
- Not offered in 2021
Intensive schools are either mandatory or voluntary periods of on-site study at our UNE Armidale or Sydney campuses. Please read the unit information for specific details.
Combined units have the same content but can be studied at different levels.
There are no intensive schools required for this unit.
A pre-requisite is a unit that you must pass before you will be permitted to enrol in a related or subsequent unit. Most pre-requisite units will contain foundation knowledge which is essential for success in later units. Read more.
Please refer to the student handbook for further details on this unit.
Upon completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- critique a range of historic films and films depicting historic events in terms of their filmic qualities and historical context;
- demonstrate a broad and coherent body of knowledge of the ways in which the depiction of historic events in films may differ from other productions of history;
- apply well developed judgement and cognitive skills to assess the peculiar value of history as film;
- evaluate the way in which film as history may influence our collective understanding of the past;
- analyse and evaluate information about the way in which history is depicted in film using a range of sources; and
- write a clear, coherent and independent exposition of knowledge and ideas about history as film, applying skillful writing techniques and an understanding of accepted documentation practices.
Register your interest and we'll keep you updated
Why study with us?
I'm grateful to UNE for the opportunities studying has given me, but above all, for making me realise I could actually do it, and giving me a sense of accomplishment.
What happens next?
Got any questions about a course you would like to study? Don’t hesitate to contact us, our Future Student team is standing by to help.
2021 applications are now open. The application process only takes 20 minutes to complete. Don’t delay, apply now!
Your start date is based on the study period you choose to apply for.