There are twenty-six (26) scholarships available to UNE nursing students. Applications for most of these scholarships need to go in by June to November this year for study next year. Some go in January next year.
Apply for NSW Health Clinical Placement Grants in April and November. Scholarships may pay for 1, 2 or 3 years and you can reapply each year. To avoid disappointment apply for several scholarships and if you succeed with more than one, choose the best one for you and decline the others (given to the next applicants in line). All of the scholarships listed below require that you are a permanent resident of Australia, except the AusAID Australian Development Scholarship for international students.
NSW Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery Cadetship/Scholarship Programs
- Puggy Hunter Aboriginal Scholarship $15,000 pa for 3 years. Apply by 31 August for next year.
- Aged Care Nursing Scholarship $10,000 pa for up to 3 years. Apply by 31 August for next year.
- Rural & Remote Scholarship $10,000 pa full time (or $5,000 pa pt). Apply by 31 August for next year.
Australian Seniors Aged Care Futures Grant
The Australian Seniors Insurance Agency was established to provide cost effective insurance solutions for mature Australians in 1998. We do this by providing a range of insurance products and policies designed to suit those over 50 years old.
We believe in supporting the aging community of Australia in a number of ways, and a big area is healthcare. So with that in mind, we are helping to encourage the best people into the healthcare, age care industry by providing the Australian Seniors Aged Care Futures Grant.
For more information visit: https://www.seniors.com.au/grants
NSW Health Nursing Scholarships
- Rural Undergraduate Scholarship $8000 1 year. Apply by 30 November for next year.
- Aboriginal Undergraduate Scholarship $4000 per trimester. Apply by 30 June & 30 Nov for next year.
- Rural and Metropolitan Clinical Placement Grants $500 per trimester. Apply by 30 April & 30th Nov.
- NSW Health Undergraduate Clinical Placement Grants. Grants up to $1,000 for clinical placements in a NSW public health facility are available to NSW students undertaking a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery degree. Grants to assist with accommodation and travel associated with your clinical placement will be awarded based on the distance between the post office of the suburb/town of your residence and the post office of the suburb/town of the placement — Link to more information.
NSW Nurses' Association Scholarship — UNE Hyman Nursing Scholarship $5,000 pa, duration of degree, full time, on-campus.
- Hunter New England Population Health Prize, $500.00, three awarded one for each year.
- Hunter New England Population Health Aboriginal Nursing Scholarship. First year $5,000.00; Second year $6,000.00; and Third year $7,500.00.
- Jim Pollard Prize $1000 for 1 year.
- UNE Colleges Undergraduate Scholarships $1000-$1500 1 year's fees.
- UNE Colleges Sports Scholarships $1000 1 year's fees.
Australia Award (was AusAID Scholarships)
Additional UNE Scholarships and prizes.
For international students from eligible Pacific, South East Asian and African countries.
Australian Development Scholarship $20,007 pa 3 years + airfares. Apply by 30 September for next year.
For HECS-HELP and Student Loans — See study assist
Youth Allowance or Austudy for full-time students aged 25 and over contact Centrelink Youth and Student Services.