Special / Inclusive Education
Excel your abilities!
If you want to become a teacher, or you are a qualified teacher wanting to advance your skills, our units of study in Special and Inclusive Education will offer you effective and evidence-based instructional and assessment strategies to support the learning of students with diverse learning needs. Your acquired skills will include strategies to assist the management of challenging behaviour.
A common theme across all our teaching and research is collaboration with all stakeholders involved in supporting the diverse needs of students. By integrating our Special and Inclusive Education units into your teaching degree, you will develop advanced investigation and problem solving techniques to address issues related to individuals with special education needs.
UNITS OF STUDY
Special and inclusive education units of study (EDLT and EDSP prefixes) are offered in undergraduate and postgraduate awards. For a detailed description, link to the Course and Unit Catalogue and do a unit search.
Special and Inclusive Education units of study are integrated into the following courses:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (K-12 Teaching)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Business)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Music)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Science)
- Bachelor of Special Education (Primary) / Bachelor of Disability Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Education Studies
- Master of Education (Gifted and Talented)
- Master of Education (Special Education)
- Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)