Student Visa

If you are planning on coming to Armidale to study on campus, you will need a student visa to enable your entry to Australia.

Visa applications are handled by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs. On the website you will find all the information you need including:

  • How to apply for a student visa
  • Whether you can bring your family with you
  • Information about working on a student visa

Eligibility and other requirements can vary greatly depending on what country you are coming from and what you are studying.

For most people, you must have an offer of entry from UNE to be eligible to apply for your student visa. However, it can take some time for the Department to process your visa application, so you should find out what is required and start the process as soon as possible.

You will also need to get Overseas Student Health Cover as a condition of your visa.

Note, if you are studying by distance from your home country you do not need a student visa. For further information about student visas and immigration you should refer to the Department of Home Affairs - Studying in Australia website.