Scholarships and other financial support

Scholarships can help you with the costs of studying in Australia. Undergraduate and postgraduate students can apply for Australian Government scholarship. If you study a postgraduate research degrees, UNE offers research scholarships as well.

Australian Government Scholarships

Australian Scholarships is an Australian Government initiative to build partnerships and increase mutual understanding, knowledge and innovation in the Asia Pacific region.

Australian Government Scholarships includes all of the existing scholarship programs managed by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) and the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR).

More information on Australian Scholarships can be found online at the Australian Government website.

Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships

Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are internationally competitive, merit-based scholarships provided by the Australian Government that support citizens of countries in the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas to undertake study, research and professional development programmes in Australia and for Australians to undertake these activities overseas.

Postgraduate Research Scholarships

UNE offers a number of substantial research scholarships to postgraduate students studying research-based degrees including discipline specific research, targeted research projects and others that have a broader eligibility criteria.

UNE International Postgraduate Research Award (IPRA)

The UNE International Postgraduate Research Award (UNE IPRA) scholarship is offered to outstanding international candidates who wish to enrol in a research degree at UNE.

  • Up to 20 UNE IPRA’s are available to outstanding applicants who wish to enrol in a postgraduate research degree at UNE
  • The UNE IPRA provides a stipend per annum, course tuition fees and single Standard Overseas Health Insurance
  • The Awards are for a maximum duration of two years for a Research Masters degree or three years for a Doctoral degree
  • Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential