Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

If you are coming to study on-campus in Armidale, it is a condition of your student visa that you (and any family coming with you) have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). This is the minimum level of private health insurance that international students are required to have as a condition of their visa, and it must be maintained the entire time you are here.

Some Norwegian and Swedish students do not have to have this insurance. The Australian Department of Health and Aged Care has advised that these countries have national health schemes which provide adequate health insurance overseas.

UNE currently has an agreement with Bupa, a private health fund, for OSHC for on-campus international students.

Note, if you are studying by distance from your home country you are not required to have this insurance.

More information about OSHC is available on the Study in Australia website.

Female nurse dressed in scrubs leaning against the wall